What you'll do
As a member of The Design Group (TDG) at Cisco Webex, you will push your research, problem-solving and people skills to the fullest. The collaboration technology group at Cisco Webex is transforming the connections between people and information that they need to share which is critical to better business. We improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate – anywhere and on any device.
Why is Cisco Webex a great place for User Experience?
- We have strong executive support for world-class user experience and research for making design decisions.
- You will collaborate with a fun, supportive and highly talented team of UX colleagues.
- Our software helps thousands of companies and millions of people to collaborate.
- Our standards are high. We strive for not just pretty good design, but breakthrough solutions.
- We are always striving to improve. Whatever level your level, we will challenge and grow you as a researcher.
- Conduct usability studies, using both in-person and remote testing methods. Conduct baseline and benchmarking studies.
- Conduct field studies studying different user personas with customers.
- Conduct and analyze survey results to triangulate with qualitative findings.
- Work closely with data analysts to integrate qualitative research methods with ongoing quantitative research such as surveys, servers logs.
- Assess the need for alternative research methods (e.g., participatory design, card-sorting), and plan accordingly working with senior researchers.
Who you'll work with
- Work with product managers, designers, senior researchers and engineers to assess project needs and develop appropriate research plans to support their objectives. You will be responsible end-to-end for studies from proposing a methodology to delivering results.
Who you are
- You have 2-3 plus years of experience conducting high quality user experience research, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods in a corporate or academic setting.
- You have experience in conducting exploratory research, usability testing, and surveys.
- You have a good understanding of statistics or are willing to learn to be a master of quantitative research.
- You also work well with others, and have solid instincts about when to hold the line on methodological rigor, and when to adapt to the changing demands of a project. Most importantly, you approach your work with a sense of genuine curiosity and a willingness to try out new methods.
- You are willing to experiment with new ways of conducting user research, and can work well in a fast paced environment.
- You are a good presenter and facilitator.
- You have excellent verbal and written skills. You are able to persuade others of your good ideas.
- You have a strong work ethic. You have a solid process, while being focused on outcomes.
- You have a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in HCI, Psychology, Sociology or related field.
- If this describes you, we will very much enjoy meeting each other. Please come for a visit! We would like to see your research portfolio that showcases your research work, a copy of your resume and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for this job.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco