- Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestService Provider
- Job Id1263347
The SPNS Group has the charter for all Software Development functions across all Service Provider Networking platforms. Working in this group, you will have the opportunity to Architect, Design, Develop and Test, some of the world's largest Service Provider Routers that are continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms. You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry - where you will find that work is both fun and challenging.
The Network Convergence System 5500 Series routers deliver a programmable, high-capacity and modular answer for Core, Peering, and WAN Transport deployments. Running the latest version of Cisco IOS XR Software, the 5500 Series supports segment routing, advanced forwarding feature sets, and programmable network management.
This series of routers deliver:
High-Performance, High-Density 100 Gb centric deployments
Option for redundant route processors, fabric cards, power modules and system controllers
- Extreme focus on optimized power consumption in watts/Gbps
An infrastructure for hosting applications
Programmability with YANG model based APIs
What You'll Do:
You'll help us bring transformation to life by tracking and reporting out on key initiatives and team actions, including key wins and progress. The NCS5500 platform team seeks a motivated Experienced Senior Engineer to lead, design & develop a broad range of next generation features as part of its Software Development Team (Routing - Infrastructure & Fabric Data and control plane).
This is a ground floor opportunity to lead in the next phase of product growth and convergence in the service provider space. Participate in feature design discussions and contribute innovative ideas and solutions. Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as marketing, technical support and documentation group on related tasks.
As a part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for the whole product cycle of NCS5500 releases, starting from close interaction with Marketing and Account teams, understand the features and priorities, work with BU-wide technical community on the architecture and design, take the product and feature through development and integration and collaborate with test team through Feature and System test cycles.
You are the epitome of technical excellence. You will guide design and code for features/products owned by your team. Engineers working with you shall depend on your technical insight to overcome hurdles. You will have responsibility for all technical artefacts. You will drive new initiatives technically, propose improvements to existing ones. You will be the supreme custodian of quality for deliverables from your team.
Who You'll Work With:
At Cisco, you will be working with a team of dynamic professionals who are passionate in designing and developing high end routing development platform. The environment within the team here is challenging and will give people who are driven an opportunity to influence and impact the way Customers will use our products and transform their business.
You have a unique opportunity to join this disruptive software team and unleash the networking capabilities of the underlying linux system in eXR/Lindt.
Who You Are:
* BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/MS in CS/EE/IT/ECE, MCA, or similar education.
* Experience in embedded firmware development
* Expertise in OS internals and Device Driver development on Distributed & Real Time Embedded Systems and OS like IOS, pSOS, VxWorks, Linux, etc.
* Low level programming (interaction with hardware) using C language in multi-threaded, multi-processor, highly-available systems.
* Strong background in Linux internals and hands-on experience in Virtualization technologies (KVM, VMWare) is an added advantage.
* Understanding of various h/w architecture (*PCI, PCIe, DMA, I2C, SPI, etc.) and *processors (x86, PPC).
* Experience in product life cycle and tools and and should been involved in end-to-end product or linecard development lifecycle
* Hands on experience with NPU, ASIC, FPGAs with focus on Routing/Optical/Switching platforms.
* Perform complex subsystem level unit, integration, and dev automation test suites.
* Solid understanding of distributed systems and networking principles, plus working knowledge of related disciplines, e.g., computer security, algorithms, database, and operating systems.
* Ability to understand and drive system level architecture, design & debugging.
* Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to manage competing high priority tasks.
* Ability to interface and collaborate directly with various stake holders, business partners, and vendors
* Dedication to Customer Success: Reproduction and debugging of customer issues, handling of field queries. Participate/Lead in deployments and certifications
* Develop functional specifications, assessing task requirements and scheduling, and participating in development, debug and support
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills, Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Good understanding in SOC architecture, Hardware/Software partitioning
* Deep C programming language knowledge that allows understanding of kernel and driver level code.
* Good understand open source development methodology and practice
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.