- Location:Krakow, Poland
- Area of InterestTechnical Support
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestNetworking
- Job Id1263841
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking daring steps to shape the technologies that give us 5G, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with different personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, mothers, tech geeks, fathers, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired gurus. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Our focus on inclusion and diversity isn't just about equal opportunity or bringing in the best talent. We also participate in initiatives to inspire young girls. We empower women and men in technical careers, promote STEM education. Throughout the world, Cisco employees give generously of their talent, time, and compassion. We embrace enthusiasm to help change the world and make a positive impact.
We build the future of the Internet by crafting unprecedented value and opportunity for our customers, employees, investors, and ecosystem partners.
The Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides second and third level support to our customers around the world. We jump in to help when their network or solutions experience hiccups. Are you ready to assist when nobody else knows how to fix the issue?
Various technology teams exist within TAC. Here are a couple of examples:
• Our DNA/SDA support team helps customer fixing an issue in their campus fabric or identity management in a software defined access environment;
• Our SD-WAN team supports a cloud-delivered overlay WAN architecture that enables digital and cloud transformation at enterprises.
• Our IOT team supports Cisco IoT products and solutions that allows customers to connect their IoT devices, secure IoT connectivity, extract and compute with IoT data management on one platform.
• We have teams supporting LAN Switching and Routing, Architecture, Wireless and Network Management Services (NMS).
In Customer Experience (CX), we continuously support our customers in making their customers' lives better. Do you want to help? We invite you to join us in this endeavor being a part of our family.
In this role, you will:
• Help: You are a trusted technical authority. You will guide your customers in solving puzzles of highly complex issues in their systems, solutions or networks. You will deliver a superb experience in a difficult situation. You will collaborate with your customers over mail, phone, Webex,...
• Be sharp: You will be available for our customers, ready to jump into a new problem situation. You'll cooperate with your customer to resolve the issue while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Learn: Be the first to lay your hands on the latest and greatest in the field of software defined, self-orchestrating, self-optimizing networks technology space. You will get to work on technologies of tomorrow, today.
• Innovate: We'll encourage you to be creative. We'll give you freedom to question the way you and the team work.
• Collaborate: You are not alone. Your team members and you form a tribe together. You'll collaborate with top authorities across Cisco.
• Share: You'll author case studies, guides, ... You'll train junior engineers and help others reach their full potential.
• Broaden your view: You will work with colleagues across the globe with different cultural, gender, lingual and technical backgrounds.
Does this sound like you?
Problem solver: You are analytical, and you know how to resolve problems.
Empathy: You're able to keep customers happy and stress levels down during difficult situations. You dream about customer success.
Technical Wizard: Obviously you are an authority in your technology field. Here are some the skills we look for (choose the team you love.)
• Server Virtualization
• IP networking (Advanced) - Routing and switching technologies (CCNP level)
• Extensive knowledge of IP unicast/multicast, network designs, IP VPNs, Netconf, Routing Protocols
• Campus networking - wired, wireless
• Good understanding of security technologies, IPSec, SSL
• Linux, Unix skills
Application Aware: You know your way around application stacks (Linux, Unix,...). You can read scripts and can do basic things in Python (or Erlang, Bash,...)
Communicate: You have excellent communication skills (in English.)
Education: You are Bachelor or Master in Engineering, Computer Science or have similar experience.
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
• Cisco Certification: CCIE or CCNP
• Certification in virtualization technologies (Openstack, VMware, RedHat, Microsoft,...)
• Database experience: SQL, noSQL, Mongo, MySQL,...
• You have worked in a similar support role or in a data center