There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Milan
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Packaging Analyst - 57553
As a Packaging Analyst for the John Deere World Wide Parts Distribution Center in Milan, IL, you will experience a blend of on-the-floor operations support and project work. In addition, you will:
· Manage continuous improvement projects optimizing cost and quality in both the packaging operation and dealer experience
· Act as the interface between the packaging organization, the NA-PDC Operations team, dealers and parts suppliers
· Support development of new packaging, packaging designs, materials, and processes
· Provide on-the-floor support in the form of methods engineering, based on corporate guidelines, on the initial receipt of all service parts, to determine how parts should be packaged
· Collaborate with third party service provider(s) salary and wage teams to improve operational efficiencies and ensure work quality
· Identify, justify, and execute improvements focused on driving cost reductions
· Analyze, summarize, and prepare communications to present information to management to control costs and maintain supplier relationships; including project status updates and results, communicated to Deere leadership and project stakeholders
· Work with Operations, Engineering, dealers, and natural work groups to increase warehouse density, efficiency, quality and safety
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Entry level skills with Microsoft Access, SAS, VBA, or SQL experience
· Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience such as pivot tables and complex formulas
· Experience in executing small to medium scope projects with various levels of complexity, primarily focused on improving quality, performance, and integrity while reducing costs
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
· Packaging operations/engineering experience including package design, and testing
· Familiarity with commonly used packaging material including corrugated boxes, chipboard boxes, polybags, and wooden packaging
· Customer service / people skills - effectively work with third party service providers, suppliers, dealers, and enterprise business units
· Project management experience, Six Sigma and/or continuous improvement experience
· Experience with warehouse management processes and systems
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport
Nearest Secondary Market: Moline
Job Segment: Engineer, Warehouse, Developer, Database, SQL, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology