Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. At our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, 'Beyond Good and Evil 2', “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, 'Far Cry', 'James Cameron's Avatar', “Ubisoft Escape Games', “The Settlers” and many more.
At Ubisoft Mainz , we are currently looking for a talented Online Programmer to join the amazing Team behind Rainbow Six Siege . In this role you are responsible for developing in-game online services using both existing Ubisoft online infrastructure as well as Rainbow Six-specific infrastructure, working together with game designers, UI front-end programmers, systems programmers and the Ubisoft Online Technology Group.
The main and routine tasks of the Online Programmer are to:
· Manage the interchange of data between players and the server/services/game
· Provide access to the online architecture to presentational programmers
· Assist in the development of innovative solutions to enrich the online gaming experience of players
· Program and optimize systems, such as storefront data and player progression systems
· Work with precision and care on our live systems and frameworks
· Work on identifying and improving existing systems and identify new opportunities
· Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant qualification with a strong technical background
· Strong C++ skills
· Excellent communication and good English skills
· Deep understanding of game production
· AWS & Docker experience
· Strong Python proficiency is a plus
· Expertise in online test framework and architecture
· Proven leadership and coaching skills is a plus
· Flexible working hours
· External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
· Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership and support for child care
· Free bike rental or lease your own bike
· Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/