Ubisoft is a global leader in the production, publication, and distribution of interactive video games. With 9,900 employees in 29 countries, the group is committed to providing innovative video games of excellent quality to the public.
Created in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is the newest of the French Ubisoft studios, working on iconic brands such as Just Dance, Ghost Recon, Beyond Good & Evil and the Raving Rabbids.
About 15 Ubisoft experts from all over the globe, created the core of the studio. With their experience, energy and passion, we are able to grow into a world class development team.
Announced as AAA studio, Ubisoft Bordeaux is growing rapidly and already counts more than 180 employees, from more than 15 different nationalities.
With the ocean less than an hour away, the vineyards at the gates of Bordeaux, and located in one of the most beautiful regions of France, Ubisoft Bordeaux is the ideal place to reconcile a demanding and creative work environment on leading Ubisoft brands along with an exceptional lifestyle.
If you like working in a stimulating, international and friendly environment, come join us and become a pioneer of this new studio!
The Online Programmer will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services.
You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game’s development. You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
· Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind
· Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features
· Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind
· Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary
· Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team
· Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties)
· Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features
· Minimum 2 years' experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry
· Advanced C++ knowledge
· Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus
· Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus
· Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated
· English – upper-intermediate or higher
· Problem-solving and open minded
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
· Sense of initiative, attention to details
· Working well in a team environment
· Updating job knowledge proactively
· Analytical and synthesis skills
· Passion for making and playing games!