Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra and Homesense.
We have an opening for a Technical Engineer to join our Infrastructure and Operations team. You will be leading the packaging, deployment and configuration of software solutions across multiple distributed TJX environments
· Collaborate with Implementation, Support and Project teams to design and specify solution deployments
· Coordinate deployment schedule across multiple demand streams, accounting for complexities and risks within each deployment.
· Ensure 3rd party sourced service partners (SSP) are executing plans to expected standards and within Service Level Agreements (SLA)
· Recommend process improvements to ensure system scalability and reliability
· Assist in developing and implementation of deployment plan
· Proper testing of updates and patches to verify functionality, stability, and compatibility. Work with IT and QA teams to deploy and troubleshoot the system applications
· Accountable for troubleshooting, maintaining and enhancing the library of deployment packages and processes.
· Work with the management to develop deployment specifications and configurations.
· Achieve continuous improvements in quality, efficiency and results.
· Anticipate operational problems by studying operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations; monitoring unit performance.
· Improve operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams.
· Work with infrastructure teams to ensure existing capacity is being used properly and to ensure adequate capacity is available.
· Follow and ensure defined SDLC process properly followed by all resources involved in development cycle
· Supervise effective compilation and collection of information and data to enhance growth.
· Constantly learning & staying apprised of deployment technologies
· Should display a strong affinity for automating technical solutions
· Ability to deliver expected quantitative and qualitative results, to work cross-functionally and independently
· Technical Support – Resolving complex issues and implementation of changes and enhancements to the overall systems and processes identified above
· Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years’ experience in a hands-on IT operations role
· Strong deployment background including development or execution of distributed environment installation packages. Experience with RemoteLink or Microsoft SCCM a strong plus
· Knowledge of Windows administration and OS hardening is desired. The individual should also be familiar with configuration management
· Experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible preferred)
· Good knowledge of a scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
· Proven analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Manager, Corporate Security, Merchandising, Engineer, Management, Security, Retail, Engineering