Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
A Senior Engineer has the knowledge and experience to design and implement business functionality in their assigned Platform(s)/Product(s). Engineers at this level can lead & deliver on assigned Epics in their supported area. They use DevSecOps standard methodologies to ship high-quality code and continue to push their knowledge.
The Senior Engineer will analyze the needs of the business end-users, and build reports and dashboards in Power BI using knowledge of Power BI, UI development, data warehouses and data analytics in an Agile environment.
End to End Feature Development
· Engage with business end-users as member of a Scrum team supporting the TJX Corporate domain
· Resolve business' need for data analytics in areas such as finance and stores. Understand their need for impactful insights into the data and seek ways to provide these insights through Power BI dashboards.
· Design, develop and deploy dashboards and associated technology components by working with solution architects and other engineers.
· Collaborate with the TJX Power BI self-service team on TJX Power BI Service and Power BI Workspaces for the corporate teams.
· Support Business self-service users who use the curated data for the corporate domain.
· Develop designs and estimates for end-user solutions using appropriate technologies and features
· Develop and assist in the development of Dataflows. Develop Datasets for use by other developers and self-service users.
· Responsible for code analysis, debugging, review and execution of unit/integration tests. Build test automation scripts.
· Responsible for delivering clean, secure, performant code / technology components that meet all the non-functional requirements.
· Act in Lead Engineer capacity for medium to large initiatives, prioritizing and assigning tasks, providing mentorship and resolving issues.
· Set up application jobs, build test data, and support deployment, all at a medium to high level of complexity.
· Adheres to Sarbanes Oxley compliance and all TJX Company standards as applicable.
· Fully own Features. Co-own Epic with strong guidance.
Strategy & Best Practices
· Actively participates in Development process definitions, best practices and standards.
· Can help lead evaluation of 3rd party engagement need
Talent Development & Evangelizing
· Helps onboard and mentor new hires.
· Mentors other engineers on the team.
· Support Talent Acquisition process by performing technical interviews for hiring
· Learns and champions DevOps practices.
Subject Matter Expert
· Develop experienced knowledge in specific business applications / services supporting a given technical domain.
· Demonstrate a proven understanding of the end-to-end business application processes in a given technical domain.
· Provide recommendations into technical application roadmaps including the recommendation of IT driven projects.
· 3-5 years software engineering experience in relevant technical domain.
· Power BI development experience required.
· Advanced knowledge of Power BI Desktop, Power BI Report Builder and Power BI Service.
· Developer background
· Experience developing on back and front end.
· Must have demonstrated experience with multiple other programming and scripting languages, and SQL
· Knowledge using data from sources such as Snowflake
· Knowledge of and experience in DevSecOps standard methodologies.
· Knowledge of Cognos and Tableau is a plus as related to conversion of existing reports from these products to Power BI.
Minimal Formal Education
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Engineering skillset / training / work experience in relevant technical domain
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Engineer, Compliance, Database, SQL, Business Intelligence, Engineering, Legal, Technology