Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense.
Acts as a liaison between the Distribution Centers and the Home Office Merchandising Department by representing the interests of Merchandising and Planning and Allocation. Ensures merchandise is effectively inspected and checked and that all merchandise meets the company value requirements for fashion, quality and brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensures merchandise meets purchase order specifications.
· Ensures that merchandise is seasonally appropriate for zones serviced by their facility.
· Proactively addresses Vendor Compliance issues and opportunities in the way Vendors pack, ticket and ship merchandise.
· Ensures that the merchandise is of the correct value to our customers in terms of fashion, quality, price and brand.
· Challenges Marmaxx retail price and ensures that "comparable at price" on ticket reflects the company standard of 20-60% off.
· Ensures balanced mix of color, size, style and quantity in the lay-up through packing process by adhering to company shipping philosophy.
· Ensures merchandise meets fiber content, labeling, care and country of origin legal requirements.
· Ensures appropriateness of logos, graphics, hangtags and merchandise to our stores.
· Identifies poor size breaks and communicates to Planning to adjust pack size.
· Evaluates merchandise not ordered and assigns appropriate description and retail.
· Possesses an in-depth knowledge of merchandise technical terms, fabrications and Marmaxx standards relating to quality and size requirements.
· Creates/maintains problem status logs to ensure special handling of problem orders.
· Develops and applies in-depth understanding of all DC and Merchandise systems to effectively problem solve.
· Partners/collaborates with all appropriate resources in the DC and Home Office to resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Builds and maintains effective working relationships with hourly associates, DC management and P&A.
· Understands impact vs. intent and adjusts communication style to achieve optimal outcome.
· Comprehends the implication of their actions to the company's bottom line as it relates to shrink and profit.
· Ensures that damaged/problem merchandise and RTVs are identified and processed according to established guidelines.
· Ensures proper handling and timely execution of LPRs. Collaborates with operations to resolve issues centered around overages/shortages.
· Identifies and communicates proper receiving, handling and routing of other DCs' merchandise.
Minimum formal education, if any, required to perform this job:
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent job experience.
Minimum job skills required to perform this job:
· Strong organizational and time management skills as well as flexibility and ability to prioritize
· Strong PC skills including Lotus Notes, Lotus 123, Excel, Word.
· Strong problem solving and negotiation skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
· Displays strong follow through skills to resolve problems in a timely manner.
· Utilizes active listening skills to effectively communicate at all levels.
Minimum experience required to perform this job:
· 1-2 years of merchandising experience
List specific jobs which could prepare an individual for this job:
· Merchandise Coordinator
· Associate Planner
· Retail Lead
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Worcester || MA || Marmaxx
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segment: Accounting, Merchandising, Fashion Retail, Apparel, Garment, Finance, Retail, Fashion