🔍Rome, Rome, Italy
📅 1782Total Views
📅 180001CIRequisition #
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
Company: Technip Italy
Job Title: Start-up Engineer
· Technip Italy - Rome, Construction, Start-up and Subcontracting Department
· Job Site, if necessary
Short Job Summary:
The Candidate will work as part of the Start-up Engineering and Plant Handover Section, which is in charge to deliver engineering studies and site supervision and management services necessary for the execution of pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up, initial operation and handover to client of industrial (chemical and energy) facility in accordance with contractual requirements and project targets in terms of safety, quality, budget and schedule.
He will participate to home office preparatory works and site execution phases, developing pre-commissioning and commissioning execution plans and procedures, schedules, quality control plans and any other start-up deliverable and/or task needed to safely perform the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up work processes leading to a successful project delivery.
· Hierarchically report to theStart-up Engineering and Plant Handover SectionHead
· Functionally to the Start-Up Manager
· On site, report to the Start-Up Manager
· Key interactions are with;
· Internally: Start Up dept., QAQC Manager, HSE Manager, Process, Engineering, Construction, Subcontracting, Project team
· Externally: clients, vendors, licensors, sub-contractor
The role and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Execute home-office preparatory works:
· Pre-commissioning and commissioning execution plans;
· Engineering review sessions (Hazop, P&ID's, Constructability, etc.);
· Plant system subdivision;
· Pre-commissioning and commissioning quality and safety plans;
· Pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures;
· Pre-commissioning and commissioning schedules;
· Plant Operating and Maintenance manuals and other similar required documents;
· Customer Training plans and coordination;
· Pre-commissioning and commissioning subcontracting packages;
· Others as required
· Prepare and implement pre-commissioning, commissioning and plant start up execution strategies, considering contractual duties and responsibilities, engineering/construction phasing, to optimize the overall project execution.
· Prepare the handover data bases and follow the updating, both at home office and site.
· Define the daily activities and develop the day by day planning following the priorities provided by the Start-up Manager.
· Proactively contribute and support the establishment of an HSSE climate.
· Produce detailed pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures at site.
· Prepare pre-commissioning and commissioning work packages at site.
· Ensure that pre-commissioning and commissioning activities are carried out according to project Quality and HSSE standards and schedule.
· When requested from the Start-up Manager, coordinate the site pre-commissioning and commissioning activities assigned to the Supervisors.
· When requested from the Start-up Manager, supervise the site pre-commissioning and commissioning activities executed by subcontractors.
· Monitor pre-commissioning and commissioning progress and prepare weekly and monthly pre-commissioning and commissioning reports.
· Prepare the walk-trough packages.
· Participate in system turnover walk-downs for both Construction and Client turnovers.
· Initiate, track and resolve punch list items for assigned areas of responsibility.
· Follow up test certificates and plant final handover dossiers preparation.
· Contribute to establish a workable and harmonious relations among project stakeholders, colleagues, client, subcontractors, partners, vendors, etc.
· Bachelor degree in chemical Engineering (minimum requirement);
· Fluent knowledge of English language;
· Full availability to work abroad on construction job sites (both on-shore and off-shore) for long periods.
Nice to have:
· Other post-graduation training courses in Engineering related matters;
· Knowledge of Italian language;
· Previous experience in Commissioning and Start-Up on construction job site.