Responsible for follow-up audit recommendations
- Aptitude for learning Societe Generale (SG) products and their related support functions
- Represent the Global Internal Audit department within the India office by developing key stakeholder relationships and taking responsibility for local Board liaison.
- Work autonomously to deliver a suite of planned audits, including preparation of audit scope coverage and work papers, and managing the completion of the audit within the given time frame.
- Gain exposure to a number of different financial services business channels and jurisdictions, working with the regional Audit teams to execute and/or lead global assignments as required.
- Prepare audit reports and liaise with department heads to agree areas in need of improvement and assist in the development of a management action plan.'
Basic understanding of the Banking operations with focus on Corporate & Investment Banking, Trade Services, Securities Business.
- Basic knowledge of accounting activities related to consolidation, group reporting, IFRS, trading books of accounts and various control function
- Basic understanding of the statutory and regulatory norms applicable to banking business
'- Experience with :
Risk based audit methodology, Annual risk assessment and audit planning
- Experience with Report writing
- Experience with quality initiatives within audit function
- Experience with working on multi location regional/global audit with large team.
- Experience with Integrated audit
- Fluent Command over English language
Why Join Us
“We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status”.
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000. Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale's diverse portfolio. We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group's entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development. SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages. Women comprise 25% of our workforce.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000FCX
Business unit: SG Global Solution Centre
Starting date: 20/07/2020
Date of publication: 09/07/2020