Our team is responsible to design and development of ANSI Medium Voltage Switchgear, Medium & Low Motor Control Center with respect to market requirements and based on relevant ANSI- IEEE, NEMA & UL standards. This role will assist with the coordination of new products and processes and serve as a technical resource for design assistance, implementation, and training. The impact of this position is to keep Siemens as technical leader with products that meet all codes and standards requirements for safe and accurate operation.
· Develops mechanical components.
· Tests mechanical components.
· Identifies and selects components, materials, parts, and semi-products appropriate for mechanical system design.
· Creates mechanical models and tolerance analyses to simulate mechanical design concepts.
· Calculates and creates final layout including documentation and specification for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
· Technical product files: prepare and maintain product documentation, instruction manuals, project notebooks, and design and test documentation (create layout and assembly drawings, detail design drawings, bills of material, test specifications, qualification testing to manufacturing specifications, and support development of product marketing information)
· Analyzes existing development procedures and suggests improvements.
· Implements or tests design solutions.
· Evaluate test plans and test results
· Assist with lab activities (internal and external)
· Upgrades the design of existing devices by adding mechanical elements.
· Analyzes localization requirements and designs/adapts products and solutions accordingly.
· Ensure that development documentation protocols and procedures are followed in accordance with established QA process and ISO standards
· Interface with manufacturing and external suppliers to get parts manufactured
· Ability to travel (domestic and international)
· BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum 5 years of Low/Medium Voltage product development experience with focus on mechanical design, electrical and mechanical testing, and standards
· Experience with arc resistance/mitigation.
· Experience in ANSI Switchgear and MCC Design and testing
· Experience in development tests and type testing of the products
· Certified Siemens NX Motion Control Simulation
· Design and produce NX CAD models of electro-mechanical components, assemblies, sheet metal, plastic.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .