A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
**Mars is seeking an Occupational Health Nurse in Gainesville, GA**
Roles & Responsibilities
· Works with key site partners (EHS, facilities) to support management in identifying, assessing and controlling key health risks in the workplace.
· Regularly interacts with all Associates as part of regular walk trough’s, inspections, risk assessments, and/or self-audits.
· Provides clinical nursing assessment, nursing diagnosis and management of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses, following current Nursing Guidelines and Medical Directives.
· Provides emergency medical response to designated areas in the facility during clinic hours.
· Management of OSHA and Mars Inc regulated health monitoring programs including hearing conservation, respirator use, bloodborne pathogens, sensitizer, and other as determined by site management. This may include related worker training, hazard communication and detailed awareness of occupational hygiene characterization of the work environment.
· Identifies employees with actual or potential occupational exposures, including chemical, biological and ergonomic, and determines the need for baseline and annual medical surveillance.
· Files work-related injury and illness claims.
· Develop and implement an action plan for addressing the key health risks for the site. Development requires awareness and analysis of aggregate data from health risk appraisals, health benefits and disability claims, and injury and illness reports. Implementation requires excellent communication and organizational skills, and ability to manage health promotion activities.
· Assesses fitness for duty. Case manages employees who are on medical restrictions, following the Employee Request for Accommodation procedure, with the goal of keeping employees productive at work while recovering. This involves collaboration with the Disability Case Management team, HR, medical providers, and other key stakeholders.
· Liaises with other HSE staff by identifying trends in Occupational Injuries & Illnesses, ensuring resolution of unsafe conditions brought to U.S. Health & Wellbeing by injured employees, attendance at monthly and periodic Associate Health/HSE meetings, assisting with incident investigation as needed and supporting safety initiatives within the workplace.
· Provide support to other groups on site to complete workplace risk assessments
· Participates in work place ergonomic assessments
· Serves as a health and well-being resource to all Mars Inc employees who may make contact by phone, clinic presentation, email, attendance at health screenings or any other venue.
· Provides health care education designed to prevent injury and illness by promoting effective management of occupational and non-occupational health issues.
· Maintains and safeguards confidentiality of employee health information and health records as mandated by HIPPA and Mars Inc Policy. The role requires current knowledge of a changing regulatory environment including OSHA regulations and Mars Inc requirements, US and state labor laws.
· The job holder requires substantial influencing skills in order to be successful. It will be necessary to influence health & safety behavior and decision making at the site level for the individual to drive and support a culture of health and well-being.
· Demonstrate ability to design and implement health & wellness programs to control workplace health risks in offices/manufacturing and reduce employee’s overall health risks
· Experience leading or supporting office-based and manufacturing chemical, allergen, noise, biohazard, emergency response, travel health, ergonomic, and other risk assessments
· Clear understanding of OSHA-mandated health surveillance programs and requirements not limited to: Hearing conservation, Bloodborne pathogens, Respiratory Protection, etc.
· BSN or BS with 3-5 years occupational health experience preferred
· Certified to practice as a Occupational Health Nurse, preferred
· Registered Nurse with unrestricted license
· NIOSH Approved Spirometry Certification Preferred
· CAOHC Certification Preferred
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Gainesville GA
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering