A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
**Mars Food, is looking for an Executive & Facilities Assistant in Chicago, IL**
Position Title: Executive & Factilities Assistant (B4)
Function into which the role reports: Mars Food North America
Location: Chicago, IL (FGI)
Purpose of Role: The purpose of the Executive Assistant role is to provide the highest level of proactive and efficient support to Food North America Management Team leaders. This role will also play the role of site lead for the Food Chicago (FGI) office and the main point of contact for external vendors and manage the relationship with the Mars Goose Island facilities teams and stakeholders. The incumbent must have a high level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, foresight and the ability to effectively collaborate with senior leaders and peers.
Principle Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide exceptional administrative support to Food Management Team (FMT) senior leaders which includes:
· Plan & execute complex, detailed travel itineraries including all transportation, lodging; obtaining all necessary visas & travel documents.
· Actively manage/maintain electronic calendars and arrange telephone/video conferences, meetings, and other appointments as requested.
· Maintain up-to-date/accurate information on FMT Whereabouts and other applicable databases.
· Plan management events including contracting hotels, ground transportation, meeting facilities, caterers, restaurants, etc.
· Plan FMT meetings (quarterly) and FMT Connects (monthly) including meeting space and connectivity logistics, meals, etc.
· Collate and organize the submission of FMT expense reports through Concur.
Site Lead for the Food Goose Island (FGI) Site and Facilities:
· Main point of contact for site and facilities requests for FGI.
· Manage the relationship with JLL to ensure that FGI is equipped with the resources and support needed to operate efficiently.
· Ensure regular connection with Mars Goose Island facilities teams to ensure consistency in policies and practices.
· Manage and deploy FGI communications related to, for example, office closures (due to weather, etc.) or early closing. Collaborate with P&O and Corporate Affairs.
· Main point of contact for other Mars segments that want to hold meetings at FGI. Manage compliance with FGI guidelines.
· Maintain site supplies to ensure sufficient stock is in place.
· Responsible for providing site and facility overview to new hires as part of their orientation. This includes an overview of site emergency procedures.
· Manage requests related to desk placement for new/transferring associates and space within the FGI office ensuring compliance with Mars office standards.
· Maintain Office Services and Facilities manual and provide an overview and orientation of the site to new hires.
· Take the initiative to identify and undertake opportunities that add value to the efficient operation of the site.
· Support the FMT for PO Creation, Invoice Approval Routing, Payment Approval Routing.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
· Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe.
· High attention to detail is critical and the ability to effectively handle highly confidential/sensitive information.
· Ability to adapt to and learn quickly new technologies and systems.
· Recognize when extra time is required to complete a project and be willing to work the overtime.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
· Prior experience with Concur Expense Reporting and Travel.
Desired Education/Key Experiences:
· High School diploma required; business college courses or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· A minimum of 3+ years’ experience supporting senior managers or related experience/knowledge.
· Prior experience and above average proficiency in current software packages.
· Prior experience in facilities and/or office management is a significant benefit.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Secretary, Office Manager, Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant, Administrative