A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
In the role, you will focus on introducing one or more specific new technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Automation, Robotic, etc. to Mars.
Key responsibilities including:
1. Develop digital solutions based on customer needs, partner with customer experience teams and service operation teams to identify opportunities to drive customer experience and service efficiency
2. Manage product release or sprint progress by applying Agile methodology
3. Change management, coordinate with internal teams and implement training programs to ensure product adoption
4. Digital Products life-cycle management, including availability management, performance management and capacity management
5. As SME to collaborate with other MGS teams including but not limited to Digital Business, Digital Work Place, Next-Gen Technology, Automation Open Hub, BSM, IT Operations team to deliver the result
6. Vendor management
7. Play an active role in keeping teams catch the industry or cross-industry new solutions. Building a broad technical network outside of Mars using various forum groups and interacting with fellow architects and developers on the best practice solutions.
· University degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
· 1-2 years’ experience in Robotics, Machine Learning, Analytics, Business Intelligence and other analytical tools
· 3-5 years’ experience in project management
· Significant experience in process re-design, re-engineering using various tools and technologies
· Ability to establish strong relationships with the corresponding technical community
· Ability to serve as a visionary concerning future technological capabilities and operational scenarios; ability to create new business models and technologies
· Ability to lead activities and teams within a global organisation.
· Business acumen and effective communication skills
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Engineer, Outside Sales, Computer Science, Project Manager, Performance Management, Engineering, Sales, Technology, Human Resources