KPMG’s Economics team uses economic tools to help corporates and public sector bodies understand markets and improve their decision making.
KPMG Economics is active in many of the member firms to the KPMG network, including several countries in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and North America.
The London office is home to one of the largest teams in the network and supports clients both in the UK and abroad. Its activities cover a range of practices, including competition economics, applied microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, and financial economics. The team also works in regulated sectors such as telecoms, energy, transport and water. Examples of recent work carried out by the team include a cartel damages dispute, an impact assessment for a large retailer in the UK and CMA and EU merger reviews.
Economists at KPMG often work closely with academic advisers on client matters and research. They also collaborate closely with KPMG colleagues in areas where strong synergies exist. These include Data Analytics, Disputes, Deal Advisory, Tax, Forensic and other.
We are looking for highly motivated microeconomists to join our Economics team, as analysts.
• Be a key member of our successful team, delivering high quality economic advice to our clients on aspects of competition, economic and fiscal policy;
• Prepare quantitative and qualitative evidence, to provide insight and value to our clients:
- examples may include preparing information requests, data collection, preparation and analysis - including econometric analysis - as well as industry research, literature review and support in the drafting of client deliverables;
• Support business development activities within the team;
• Liaise regularly with colleagues across the Economics teams focusing on good practice and methodologies from prior client engagements.
Qualifications and skills:
• MA/MSc or above in microeconomics, ideally with a focus on industrial economics and/or micro econometrics
• Knowledge of competition law and/or regulatory regimes desirable.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
• An ability to work as part of a team, towards tight deadlines, and a keen willingness to learn.
• Fluency in other languages desirable but not necessary.
• An ability to explain complex economics clearly, and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
• Experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/ econometrics and the handling of large datasets desirable.
• Knowledge of programming languages such as R, Stata or others is desirable.
Please include a cover letter to support your application.