The associate can be responsible for receiving, storing, picking, packing, verification, shipping/manifesting and other various duties as assigned to ensure the full and efficient operation of the Distribution Center.
The loader is responsible for moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reach truck, order picker or other heavy material handling equipment.
• Use material handling (MH) equipment to unload incoming materials from trailers. (some time the material has to be organized on the Pallet)
• Verify and receive materials into inventory. (some times, have to bent in order to see the article at the bottom of the pallet)
• Marks and inventories packages for storage or transit.
• May also include palletizing and shrink-wrap. (bent to shrink-wrap the bottom of the pallet)
• Duties may include receiving, checking and storing.
• May be required to stack pallets and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds.
• Use MH Equipment to move and store materials within the warehouse.
• Use MH Equipment to pick, verify and pack orders according to standard practice. (bent so see the article at the bottom of the pallet)
• Use MH Equipment or other designated means to load goods into trailers or other designated transport vehicles for distribution.
• Works from pick sheet to pull product or supplies.
• Check orders against pull sheets.
• “Dangerous Goods”: when receiving dangerous goods, the necessary procedures must be followed and these shipments must be stored in the designated section of the warehouse.
• If/when applicable, ‘bonded’ cargo must be processed and handled accordingly, based on existing guidelines for this type of shipment.
• Maintain warehouse clean and free of debris at all times. (house keeping, bent to pickup trash)
• Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive, but not limited, to OSHA, DOT, EPA and other government agencies. Certification required to handle any hazardous material(s).
• May be required to lift between 50 - 70 pounds.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations, if required, so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Your Skills and Experiences
• Employee will be expected to follow procedures introduced via on the job training.
• Elevating potential situations to the next level of supervision when required.
• Identify and correct mistakes/inconsistencies when receiving/completing paperwork.
• Minimum: High School or Technical degree
• Ideal candidate will have prior experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment.
• Proven basic math skills at the high school level.
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Computer skills
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2020-09-24T00:00:00.000Z