· Will oversee Inbound or Outbound Department to ensure all Key Performance Indicators are met or exceeded. May be required to assist other operations within the distribution center.
· Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, picking, shipping and assuring quality of goods.
· Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, storage and shipping of goods.
· Ensure orders are processed efficiently and that the delivery of materials meets customers timescales/requirements.
· Research, update or document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse and/or order status. Report and analyze data and present results to senior managers when necessary
· Define staffing needs and allocate workload. Provide assistance and direction to colleagues and subordinates as required.
· Consult and organize activities with other teams and departments
· Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems. Will foster effective and cordial relationships with onsite clients.
· Assist in the tracking of productivity to support the company business plan.
· Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices. Assist in developing departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize overall accuracy.
· Establish, lead and manage an operations team including but not limited to recruitment and placement of staff, delegating tasks and accountabilities, monitoring and evaluating performance, training and development of assigned staff. Will be required to handle investigations in order to resolve employee issues or concerns. Will be responsible for issuing progressive discipline.
· Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the Company’s procedures and requirements
· Provide a safe working environment. Ensure compliance of the distribution centers operations with company policies as well as federal, state and location laws.
· Spend at least 90% of time on the production floor.
· Will perform other job tasks, as assigned.
Your Skills and Experiences
• Must have three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role
• Experience with shipping, receiving and inventory control
• Successful communication - written and verbal • Establish priorities and multi-task
• Possess professional business demeanor
• Experience with personal computers and materials handling equipment