Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail. Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
You will work closely with our Embroidery Design team by helping them to create and bring to life the Creative Director’s vision. As a Junior Designer, you will support the Designer through every aspect of the creative process: from research to design, product knowledge, development, and all ad hoc duties required by the Designer. Your focus will be on embroidery design for Kid’s Wear.
How you will contribute (key accountabilities)
· Producing clear and detailed technical sketches
· Assisting to any part of the design process required by the Designer
· Performing ad hoc and administrative tasks as required by the Designer
· Clearly communicating technical and creative ideas
· Researching across all product variations
· Creating mood boards
· Researching different embroidery techniques and materials
· Developing sketches from inspirational through to technical drawings
· Feeding back to product development team
· Sourcing materials and suppliers
· Managing fabric and material archive
· Preparing specs and managing deliveries and deadlines
Things That Should Be in Your Background
· Excellent drawing skills
· Good research skills
· Proficiency in using Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator
· Fluent in English and Italian
· Previous experience (ideally 2-3 years) in a similar role, possibly in embroidery and prints design departments
· Understanding of the fashion industry or previous luxury goods experience
· Good organizational skills with an ability to manage a changing workload effectively to meet weekly deadlines
· Relative taste level to Gucci
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
· A calm manner and ability to react positively during stressful times and experience in dealing with sensitive information
· Strong understanding of the brand ethos and ethical values
· Ability to understand creative direction and concept
· If you speak any additional languages, it would be of advantage
Why work with us?
Gucci is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
GUCCIO GUCCI S.P.A.