There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Staff Software Architect, Platform - 53810
As a Staff Software Architect , for the John Deere Product Engineering Center (Waterloo), you will serve as a technical consultant for Operator Station SW Engineering Management and Staff for existing and future Next Generation (NG) software solutions. In addition, you will:
· Create NG architecture and align software solutions with the architecture. Where gaps exist, facilitate changes to overall architecture.
· Oversee technical implementation on NG projects
· Work with other ISG, EEG, and Seeding architects to find and resolve functional gaps in the Gen4 Architecture
· Develop key software designs and supports the development of Gen4 software projects
· Lead the resolution of difficult Gen4 software technical issues
· Coach and counsel other employees to improve their software design and coding competencies
VISA Sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Experience with embedded software design, methodology, and full life-cycle development
· Experience with NG solutions, related technologies, and customer and business needs
· Experience with NG data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
· Knowledge of relevant infrastructure components and operating systems and the ability to troubleshoot in those environments
· Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
What Makes You Stand Out
· Displays software development experience
· C++ programming language
· Experience with Linux operating system
· Qt development framework
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science or Technology related discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Architecture, Developer, Engineer, Embedded, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology