There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student - Product Engineering - Waterloo, IA - 50482
· Order consumable material to support test lab operations and maintain records of purchases.
What It Takes
· Proficiency in using Microsoft office products, such as Word, Excel, Access.
· Experience in or knowledge of Supply Chain management
· Interpersonal skills required to work with a diverse group of engineers and wage employees.
· Candidate must be well organized due to the volume of documents that require management.
· Degree major should be a computer discipline, such as computer science, MIS, or similar. Also, will consider degree majors in accounting, actuary science, finance and related areas.
· Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university
· Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
· Graduation date of May 2020 or later
· Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
· 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
· 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
A strong candidate will also have
· Proficiency with computer activity, ability to learn new software routines such as Visual Basic, SAP, DIADem, C++
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, ERP, Computer Science, SAP, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology