There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Champaign
Function: Accounting / Finance
Title: JDTIC - PT Student Finance - Champaign, Il - 60803
· As a John Deere Part Time Student - Finance Specialist you will establish a network of people to support personal and professional growth in the supply management and finance arena.
· You will need to be competent in: cost management, financial analysis and supply management techniques.
· You will primarily perform various professional accounting or finance projects including coordinating, preparing, and analyzing financial and supply management information into reportsf or next generations products.
· You will work in a fun, friendly, and fast paced environment consisting of cross functional team members with various backgrounds and disciples to analyze and develop cost targets for different technologies and subsystems.
· One will need to be able to handle multiple projects at any given time.
· You will also be required to present your findings in onsite or offsite meetings.
What it Takes
· Maintain core financial operating models and facilitate related meetings to gather necessary cost information for advanced engineering projects.
· Work with cross functional teams to maintain and achieve a high quality of cost estimate(s).
· Provide financial modeling and analysis for ad-hoc requests.
· Prepares various financial/cost reports, statements, or exhibits related to advanced engineering technologies.
· Makes necessary corrections and/or adjustments to receive accurate report information.
· Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university
· Pursuing a Bachelor/Master's degree in Supply Management, Business/Management, or Accounting/Finance
· Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
· Graduation date of May 2021- requirement of the program is you are available to work a minimum of 12 months prior to graduation.
· Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
· 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
· 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
A Strong Candidate Will Also Have
· Excellent communication skills including written, oral, and presentation capabilities demonstrating the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex and/or difficult concepts to internal and external stakeholders
· Demonstrated understanding of finance management fundamentals, including cost accounting and financial forecasts
· Significant experience with Microsoft Office
· Demonstrated understanding of the integrated systems of internal control and the relationship to supply management and financial reporting
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Business Manager, Entry Level, Engineering, Management