There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Aftertreatment Development Engineer - 57106
As an Aftertreatment Development Engineer for John Deere Power Systems, located in Waterloo, IA you will develop diesel engine aftertreatment hardware and calibrations to meet existing and future emissions regulations and customer application requirements. In addition, you will:
· Design, develop and execute test plans to thoroughly evaluate aftertreatment component/system performance and generate empirical or analytical performance models necessary for Engine Control Unit (ECU) model calibration
· Support execution of test cell activities for a multiple shift operation; work collaboratively with test lab personnel to achieve desired results
· Complete data analysis and present conclusion of results with documentation and technical recommendations
· Facilitate process and procedure improvement through continuous refinement and improvement of aftertreatment development methods and procedures
· Support aftertreatment Product Validation and Verification (PV&V) activities for aftertreatment performance, engine calibration and durability testing, vehicle functional mules, and certification testing.
· Develop aftertreatment hardware and control requirements/concepts and evaluate aftertreatment control algorithms
· Provide support/troubleshooting for aftertreatment performance issues and improvement opportunities
· Mentor others on the team and assume training responsibilities, when necessary
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· 2 or more years of experience with diesel engines or aftertreatment design and development, engine subsystem, or component development and qualification
· Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems, think critically, and generate conclusions/solutions from technical data
· Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute action plans in situations of ambiguity
· Demonstrated effective technical communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills
· Experience with engine and combustion principles and emissions control technologies
· Proficiency in using engine test lab equipment, data acquisition, and data analysis tools
What Makes You Stand Out
· 3 or more years engine and/or aftertreatment development experience
· Experience with electronic engine and aftertreatment control systems and calibration techniques
· Working knowledge of GT-Power (and GT-Suite in general)
· Expert knowledge of DIAdem, MATLAB tools, or other data analysis software
· Design for Six Sigma, Six Sigma, or systems engineering experience
· M.S.in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Agricultural Engineering
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Agricultural, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Agricultural, Developer, Engineer, Electrical, Chemical Research, Agriculture, Technology, Engineering