· Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep the site and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
· Maintains responsibility for facility/site services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
· Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels
· Operating Engineer- need to have knowledge of the building systems in a research facility also the mechanical and electrical systems of apartment buildings, hotel, residential and commercials building.
· Review monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems
· Evaluate vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and safety
· Operating Engineer is responsible for monitoring incoming work orders and e-mails before 8am and after 5pm on the weekdays and over weekend.
· The Operating Engineer is responsible for the LOTO, Hot work, Impairment log, Red Tag, Key Logs for their accuracy and being completed.
· Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
· Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace
· Perform periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory
· Monitor the maintenance work performed by outside contractors
· The Operating Engineers are responsible for the of the site; this includes the BAS, AHUs, Boilers system, Chilled water system, Lab Utility system, fire alarm systems, Generators, Propane system for a research facility and also the mechanical and electrical systems for apartment buildings, hotel, residential and commercials building.
· Operating Engineer needs to be aware of what to do when issues arise like leaks, power, tenet calls, and fire alarms.
· Mentoring/leading onsite mechanics, lead in emergency response.
· Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
· Shift work 12hr days or nights
· Must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required.
· Possibility of staying onsite in emergency situation
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.