Job Title: Operating Engineer
Reports To : Sr Chief Engineer
Summary of Job Description :
This position will require strong technical, mechanical and administrative skills necessary to operate and maintain client properties. The primary focus of this position will center on providing high levels of customer service including on-site and on-call plant operational support. The Lead Operating Engineer will have a thorough understanding of all aspects of building operations, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance.
Must be able to operate as a team member, support Sr Chief Engineer, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and have strong customer service skills supporting a wide range of clients, contractors and co-employees.
· Completing work assignments with limited supervision, thoroughly and efficiently. This includes but is not limited to:
· Operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing building equipment related to the efficient operation of the building equipment and systems
· Responsibilities may include but is not limited to all types of building equipment, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, controls (electrical & pneumatic)
· Other job responsibilities will include supporting the property maintenance team, working assigned customer service requests, active with construction projects and supporting special set ups relating to events
· Support Sr Chief Engineer with JLL compliance program to achieve compliance at your required account locations
· Maintain good tenant relations through prompt and courteous response to tenant request within the guidelines set forth by JLL.
· Perform predictive maintenance, preventative maintenance, maintenance routines and service requests as directed
· Occasionally assist contractors and ensure contracted services are being performed safely and in accordance with established work standards and practices
· Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, controllers
· Maintain and complete documentation for fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, building alarm contacts, and other building fire life safety systems
· Maintain and repair single phase electrical breakers, switches, receptacles, junction boxes, conduit, lights, and ballasts
· Maintain and repair plumbing components including toilets, urinals, lavatories, flush valves, water fountains, sinks, drains, water heaters, piping, and sump pumps
· Provide all other building maintenance, repair, and restorative procedures as directed
· Prepare, prime and paint building interior and exterior surfaces
· Perform general Handyman tasks to maintain buildings
· Generally works independently but occasionally will work as a member of a team.
· Occasional overtime and holiday work will be required
· 5 - 7 years of construction or building engineering related experience
· Trade or Maintenance License preferred
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
· Experienced with various types of hand tools and use of diagnostic equipment
· Physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools and lift and carry up to 70 pounds
· Able to work in close spaces such as closets, crawl space and able to work on roofs of buildings.
· Ability to diagnosis problems, make sound decisions, prioritize, schedule and complete multiple tasks
· Proven safety record and compliance to safe work practices
· Interpret engineering drawings and equipment manuals
· CFC Universal Refrigerant Certification is required
· Proficient computer skills including e-mail, word and excel
· Exposure to a CMMS system, such as Corrigo a plus
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.