IBM Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice is now hiring experienced mainframe professionals!
Experience new and diverse professional challenges. Take your career further with IBM's Client Innovation Center in Wroclaw & Katowice. Be part of a multicultural team that helps our clients to transform how their IT services are delivered. You will discover a friendly team-focused environment: an inspiring workplace that provides an open and collaborative culture. Enjoy varied and challenging work - and grow your expertise through training and career development tailored to you. Shape your future by joining a global team that has driven client success for more than 100 years.
Mainframe z/OS System Programmer
As a computer programmer, you'll be playing a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of mainframe software systems. The programs you create are likely to help the mainframe teams (system team, storage team, scheduling team, etc...) to be more efficient and provide a better service.
Main responsibilities :
• Reviewing current systems and developments
• Presenting ideas for system improvement and automation
• Working closely with other mainframe system engineers, analysts, operations and staff
• Producing detailed specifications and writing the program code
• Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
• Preparation of training manuals and documentation
• Maintaining the systems and programs once they are up and running
· Trainings and certifications
· Private medical package and insurance package
· Multisport Card
· Working on international projects in multicultural teams
· Good to be an IBMer discounts
· Cinema & trips for IBMers
· Language classes
· Summer camps for children
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1065) IBM Global Services Delivery Centre Polska Sp. z.o.o
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise and knowledge of z/OS
- Ability to use one or more development languages (Cobol, REXX, JCL, PL/1, ISPF-tables, CLIST..)
- Strong communication skills
- An eye for detail and identifying problems
- Ability to dig into old programs, written by somebody else, not available anymore.
- You are familiar with ITIL and IT Service Management (roles and processes)
- Candidate must have good written and verbal skills in English
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- On-call service 24/24 7/7.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to articulate technical solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, perseverance, patience and flexibility and being goal-oriented with keen attention to detail.
- A desire to exceed project, client and co-worker expectations
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
-Experience with TWS 9.1 - 9.3 for mainframe and open systems
- TWS mainframe administration
- TWS Unix & Windows administration - installation
- Experience with z/OS, Unix and Windows systems
- Beta92 (Beta Systems) usage
- French language skills are welcome
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.