At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates materials, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. Conducts feasibility, design margin and validation analysis and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Leads and/or assists in architecture development and assessment. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production. May direct support personnel and/or partner organizations in the preparation of detailed design, design testing, prototype fabrication, and production tooling.
· Designs portions of engineering solutions for mechanical and thermal hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
· Develops and implements parameters and test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, developing fan curves, system power measurements & acoustics.
· Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners on mechanical and thermal design and development.
· Participates as a member of project team of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
Additional Job Description :
· Strong analytical skills.
· Good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint)
· Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
· Good team player.
· Flexible to support US time zones.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Ability to work well with remote teams and individuals.
· Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks with minimal direction.
· Good decision making skills.
· 3 to 7 years experience
· Degree in mechanical engineering, tool & die making certificate is must.
· Should have hands-on experience in Tool design & manufacturing for sheet metal stamping, Plastic Molding & PDC
· Candidate who has worked in CM / ODM / OEM facility would be preferred
· Should have worked in Design, Manufacturing, Parts development & NPI areas
· Should be able to work on Pro-E & Auto cad or equivalent tools
· Should have good knowledge on Surface Finishes & Surface Treatments
· Exposure to IT products / consumer electronics design, qualification & Manufacturing will be an advantage
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· Typically 2-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Using ProEngineer or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
· Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
· Designing sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
· Using CFD and thermal mockups to validate thermal solution.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
· Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.