Enterprise Services Sales Principal - Financial Services
HPE Pointnext is the newly redefined global services organisation for HPE. HPE Pointnext is dedicated to helping companies accelerate their digital transformations and make desired business outcomes a reality. This reflects the increasingly important role of services in our company, and our commitment to be services-led and outcome-focused when engaging with our customers.
HPE Pointnext provides three types of services to help customers on their transformation lifecycle. At the forefront is our Advisory and Transformation capabilities, enabling companies to design and build a technology roadmap suited to their own unique challenges. Our Professional Services capabilities leverage clients’ preferred technologies and IT organisations to move strategic plans and functional designs through production. And finally, our Operational Services, which includes such offerings as HPE Flexible Capacity and Data Center Care, provides new ways of delivering and supporting IT to keep our clients performing at peak levels.
The HPE Pointnext business unit (Client Services) in the UKI (GEO) is rapidly aligning itself against this new services led company resulting in a new exciting a dynamic business and organisation for FY18.
Sales Specialists & Consultants are product, services, software or solution specialists that are responsible for leading pursuit in their assigned focus areas. Collaborates with and supports Account Managers and provides specialist expertise within the sales team. Drives proactive campaigns to build the pipeline, uses specialised knowledge and skills to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities. May have named accounts allocated, cover a designated geography, or may be allocated to one high-potential, competitive attack account.
· Responsible for creating and driving Sales Pipeline and growth of Flexible Capacity
· Working alongside virtual team to influence and drive Consumption selling model
· Experience within Sales and Finance selling
· Key influencing skills
· High energy and positive focus to influence existing opportunities with a drive to grow more
· Work with Product Manager and Marketing to find new angles and opportunity
· New business Sales experience
· Competitive Knowledge Desirable – maintains knowledge of competitors in Account to strategically positions HPE’s Products better
· Establish a professional, consultative relationship with customer up to and including C-Level by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the customer and their industry
· May invest time working with and leveraging external partners to deliver sale
Education and Experience Required:
· University or Bachelor's degree or Directly related previous work experience.
· Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
· Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
· Typically 3-6 years of advanced sales experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Is considered an expert in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
· Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
· Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
· Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how the company's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities.
· Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
· Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
· Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and positions the company as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs.
· Establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level, with the client.
· Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
· Demonstrates high service or product knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
· Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings.
· Understands how to leverage the company's portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
· Utilizes Salesforce as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
· Understands and sells high value software solutions.
· Understands selling of services sales.
· Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
· Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
· Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
If you …
• are good at partnering, innovating, and making things happen―you are aligned to our core values.
• are knowledgeable of the IT industry and services based selling
• have highly developed negotiation skills and risk management skills
• are able to manage accounts
...then, apply now!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.