Enterprise Field Technical Support Technician
Senior Field Data Center Technical Support Technician (CE V)
Are you looking for a hands-on technical career in one of the most impactful tech companies in the world?
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we’re building the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? Our employees use their experience and scientific knowledge to design, develop, implement, and test hardware, software, systems, and processes—and continue our growth as a technology leader.
If solving the world’s biggest technology challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
About the Enterprise Field Technical Support Technician
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Pointnext is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for an Enterprise Field Technical Support Technician supporting a large customer account in Memphis, TN. Relocation assistance negotiable.
In this full-time position, you will use your background in field technical support or technical customer service, as well as your technical knowledge and training, to manage a strategic client relationship in this area. Based on the clients’ needs, the support services you will provide include reactive break / fix support and installations in server, networking, and storage environments.
This full-time position:
· will likely have a company car
· will likely include a work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, but is subject to change based on the needs of the business
· will participate in after-hours / on call coverage to potentially include evening, night, weekend, and holiday coverage on a rotation basis
· will on a regular basis routinely lift and carry 50+ pounds without assistance
· may require customers’ background checks and fingerprinting for Customer site access badges
As the Enterprise Field Technical Support Technician, you will:
· maintain high-level customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met
· respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions
· handle customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, providing guidance and escalating issues according to established procedures
· act creatively to resolve complex customer issues
· provide post-sales or service delivery support
· deliver services, including customized services, to a large, complex, enterprise corporate account
· use proactive monitoring procedures/tools to identify problem prevention opportunities
· understand the basic structure and responsibilities outlined in the current customer contract, and provide solutions to complex computer problems involving the interaction of hardware and software
· provide technical consulting and advice to others on current ongoing maintenance efforts and supported products
· engage in technical problem-solving across multiple equipment types from multiple vendors
· perform other duties as assigned
HPE Pointnext: exceptional people supporting business technology in action. Pointnext is made up of talented professionals who bring the technical insight, process excellence, and resource flexibility to help customers drive business outcomes through optimization of their data centers and other technology operations. At Pointnext, we know relationships and people matter--and our people and our services create a powerhouse solution designed to solve our customers' most challenging IT problems.
At HPE, people are our strategic advantage. People with the right mindset, coupled with the right talent, education and experience, will be instrumental to HPE maintaining and extending its prominence in the global IT market.
Talent, education and experience will only take us so far. Having the “right mindset” means being:
· Adaptable — Takes in stride and constantly attunes to the changing needs of a highly dynamic business.
· Curious — Our key contributors are always seeking to grow their knowledge, to gain new perspectives, and to find better ways forward.
· Tenacious — Our business—our industry—demands self-starters who will takes ownership of projects and bring them to completion despite difficulties or setbacks.
Sound like a place where you can make an impact? If so, please let us hear from you by applying today!
This position will be based in Memphis, TN. Relocation assistance negotiable, but local residency is required.
This position will have a company car, so a valid driver's license and a clean driving record are required.
This position will participate in after-hours and possibly weekend coverage on a rotation basis, so the ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule are required.
This position will, on a regular basis, routinely lift and carry 50+ pounds without assistance, so the physical strength, balance, and dexterity to enable that ability are required.
This position may require customers’ background checks and fingerprinting for site access badges, so willingness to undergo and ability to pass such checks are required.
Education and Experience Required
· Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years’ experience troubleshooting enterprise technologies
· Associate’s degree (technical field preferred) and 6+ years’ experience troubleshooting enterprise technologies
· Without an Associate’s or higher level degree, an additional 2 years’ related work experience for a total of 8+ years’ experience troubleshooting enterprise technologies
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
· Experience with support of full range of HPE products in an enterprise environment
· A successful track record of proactive account management
· 4+ years’ hands-on experience with ISS (Industry Standard Server) and Enterprise products (ISS Servers, P-C Class Blade Servers, Storage, including OA and firmware)
· Hands-on experience with HPE Storage products (EVA, XP, 3PAR)
· Familiar with networking and all supported operating system platforms (i.e. HP- UX, NT, Linux, etc.)
· Adapts easily to work environment changes
· Works well independently, with little supervision
· Demonstrated ability to be a liaison between HPE and the customer for hardware system support.
· Acts creatively to resolve complex customer issues
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Broad knowledge of HPE products including ProLiant Servers and Storage devices
· Strong knowledge of O/S, UNIX, and networking
· Excellent communication and presentation skills in both verbal and written presentation
· Superior customer relationship-building skills that help move from transactional relationship to long-term relationship activities with customers
· Ability to perform well under extremely high pressure situations.
· Demonstrated skills in project management, planning, scheduling, problem solving, controlling, innovation, analysis, communication, and negotiation
· Ability to communicate business and IT alignment value
Additional Knowledge and Skills Required
· The ability to work effectively, independently and in small groups
· Proficient Field Technical Support skill set
· Familiar with networking and all supported operating system platforms (i.e. HPUX, NT, Linux, etc.)
· Knowledge of high availability system environments
· Ability to manage complex customer problems
· Good teamwork with peers and HPE personnel
· Demonstrates consistent, acceptable performance of all business fundamentals
· Knowledge of portfolio of services
· Basic knowledge of change management process and tools available
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today—we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
If you are seeing this job posting somewhere other than the HPE Careers website, you may apply by following these instructions:
1. Log onto www.hpe.com/jobs
2. Sign in, or create and confirm an account
3. Click “Search Jobs”, then enter job number – 1027712
4. Complete full application process
About HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery
HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery (GSD) works hand-in-hand with the largest commercial and public sector customers globally to effectively manage their IT needs across their businesses, and around the world. Delivering the operational stability, cost reductions, flexibility, resiliency and scalability enterprise customers demand, Pointnext has been recognized for its leadership in enabling these customers to create new growth strategies and revenue opportunities, while maximizing their IT investments and increasing their business agility.
The complexity of technology deployment, management, and support is creating demand for evolved technology support service offerings that meet performance, cost, availability, reliability, security, and scalability demands. The appetite for Pointnext Support is expanding rapidly as enterprises of all stripes realize they can't “do it all\'.
About HPE Pointnext
HPE Pointnext is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world’s largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of HPE, Pointnext provides world-class support and consulting services for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and solutions.
With over 6000 consultants and project managers in 110 countries, Pointnext assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecom, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, and integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we’ve created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies “business as usual”. In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
HPE is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.