Enterprise Cloud Services Architect
HPE Global IT is immediately seeking an Enterprise Cloud Services Architect
Overview: Do you consider yourself a leader with a tenacious attitude? Are you someone who can jump in and contribute to a dynamic team environment and be the technical subject matter expert for HPE Global IT’s private cloud?
The Enterprise Cloud Services Architect will be part of the Global IT Architecture and Infrastructure Services organization and report to the Sr. Manager of Cloud Services. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated and verifiable experience in cloud migration strategies, operations of an enterprise-scale cloud, including service catalog and service enablement automation, DevOps automation frameworks, CI/CD pipelining, automated delivery models (blue-green, canary, etc.), cross-region DR and active-active architectures.
· Act as a subject matter expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture and enterprise scale cloud relocation and migration effort
· Ensure integration of cloud platform management tools, identity management and foundational services infrastructure.
· Drive processes with operations teams to standardize cloud operating practices and procedures, capacity planning and risk mitigation
· Collaborate with multiple technical teams consisting of internal stakeholders, external vendors, information technology subcontractors, and system vendors. Participate in formal, informal and program reviews, liaison between internal customers and IT executions teams during migration
· Work closely with infrastructure, enterprise architecture and networking engineering team
· Lead cloud migration strategies and delivery architecture
· Assist in the creation of migration and orchestration plans, and assist and validate migration run books
· Manage and appropriately escalate delivery roadblocks, risks, issues, and challenges of cloud migration program
· Use troubleshooting skills / experience while working closely with operations, support, engineering and/or other functions to ensure successful migrations
· Support governance efforts in the establishment, maintenance and monitoring of Service Level Agreements
· Develop KPIs and validate the effectiveness of cloud services by reviewing operations team reporting of availability, latency, and overall system health and drive improvement plans where needed
· Recommend cost optimizations to ensure cloud resources are operating as efficiently as possible. Evolve systems by championing changes that improve reliability and scalability
· Maintain the definition and documentation of architectural standards, governance policies, processes and operating models
· Knowledge of data center architecture, cloud migration, cloud management, deployments and managed cloud operations
· Knowledge of vRealize Orchestrator (vRO) to create complex workflows and integrating them with vRealize Automation (vRA) for implementing a solution for Software-Defined Data Centers.
· Knowledge of NSX and its integration with vRA
· Knowledge of Load Balancers configurations for vRealize Automation deployments
· Integration experience into ServiceNow with VMware toolset like vRA, vRO, vROPS, DevOps toolset like Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible.
· Should have knowledge on capacity management, metering, chargeback
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience) or 15+ years of equivalent working experience.
· Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
· Good Documentation Skills
· Good Presentation Skills
· Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
· VCP 7-CMA (VMware Certified Professional 7 - Cloud Management and Automation)
· VCP 6-DCV (VMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization)
· VCP 6-NV (VMware Certified Professional 6 - Network Virtualization)
· VMware vRealize Automation Training: Install, Configure, Manage [V7.0]
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.