At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE Financial Services are differentiated from other providers by their ability to serve as a bridge between technology and finance solutions, accelerating the achievement of our customers’ business goals.
Credit/Collections Analyst I (Collections)
HPE Credit and Collections is one of the most unique functions within the HPE Finance Organization due to its customer-interfacing responsibilities to manage the receivable asset, one of the most important elements of HPE's balance sheet. This dynamic team within the Finance Organization manages significant responsibilities in both the front and back end of HPE's overall Order-to-Cash Cycle. Through credit, our team analyzes, measures, and manages the risk inherent in our customer portfolio with an eye toward maximizing the efficiency of the revenue cycle. Through collections, our team maximizes HPE's operating cash flow by ensuring the timely collection of Account Receivables to HPE's Net-30 terms of sale or other approved Term. Members of the team require strong consulting, negotiating and conflict management skills, which allow them to identify, remediate and resolve issues impacting timely payment. These issues may be internal to HPE or may be associated with a customer process or approval.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise offers challenging opportunities for experienced finance professionals seeking long term career diversity. Today, the C&C APJ COE is covering more than 15 countries, with a team of over 50 professionals. At C&C we are providing, challenging and performance-based culture with strong autonomy and accountability.
Manage and collect payments from assigned A/R portfolio across multiple business segments. Research and reconcile customer accounts, using several systems and tools. Ensures timely payments of HPE receivables and resolution of customer issues preventing that payment, and when necessary, negotiates and implements payment solutions within HPE's policies and procedures in conjunction with the Credit Analyst. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with partners and customers in order to deliver the best Total Customer Experience. Also mitigate HPE's bad debt, through early identification of potential \'at risk\' receivables. Understands and manages system strategies to maximize collections aging matrix and Days Sales Outstanding (DSO). Ensure compliance with company policy and legal requirements.
· Execute daily collections strategies by effectively using collection tools, such as GetPaid
· Complete routine collection calls to determine payment status of accounts
· Establish a sound business relationship with assigned customers in your portfolio
· Set follow up calls and send dunning letters/e-mails (as needed)
· Prioritize work load to meet performance objectives
· Manage workload with minimal supervision
· Manage a demanding assigned portfolio effectively
· Understand customer infrastructure, processes and identify appropriate contacts in order to successfully expedite customer internal processes, which might impact payment performance
· Highlight at-risk customers to Manager and/or Credit Analyst
· Perform in position with understanding of company/department polices, procedures, and compliance rules (BU guidelines, AFM, SOX)
· Provide exceptional notable customer service
· Escalate and engage at appropriate level (Sales, Credit, Operations and/or Management) to have resolution within agreed business turn-around-times
· Identify & report customer disputes in timely manner
· Communicate customer issues effectively via defined processes to internal partners (i.e., Order Management, Tax, A/R, Finance and Sales organization)
· Identify root causes of delinquency and recommend or implement a workable solution
· Identify bad debt or disputed receivables to be written off during the month and prepare the business case to be presented to your Manager and DRA (Default and Recovery Analyst) for further processing
· Process refunds to customers per policy
· Minimize rework and improve customer’s payment trend relative to payment terms.
· Finding opportunities to accelerate cash and execute on agreed cash flow target.
Education and/or experience:
Bachelor's degree (Major in Business Admin / Finance / Accounting preferred) or equivalent experience in a Corporate Collection environment Typically 1-2 years of experience in collections
Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
Fluent English - this is our company language
Basic accounting knowledge
Good problem solving, influencing and reconciliation skills
Good prioritization skills and overall management skills
Basic understanding of HPE's Order Management Process
Basic understanding of HPE's Dispute Management Process
Intermediate understanding of collection processes and financial concepts
High customer service oriented
Advocate of change
Ability to work with deadlines
Interest in the economical business sector
Structured thinker and analytical skills
Comfortable working with numbers
SAP, GetPaid, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
If you feel you are the right candidate for the position please tell us why in your cover letter. We are looking forward to meeting you!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.