Description de l'offre
This role expected is to manage TiAl additive material and processes and applications for turbomachinery products within Rivalta & Cameri Plants.
· Develop broad knowledge within the working team in order to assure technical support, timely completion of specific tasks and periodic activities reviews in order to assure and maintain the program technical excellence.
· Interface with supply chain and establish requirements for equipment, material and special processes including: qualification samples and location, gauges type and calibration, material characterization, mechanical properties, heat treatment, LAB testing and as necessary to ensure proper quality of manufactured components. Review LAB documentation, perform audits, and evaluate test results against GE and AvioAero requirements.
· Resolve material processing related issues encountered during additive manufacturing with impact on the life cycle of the component while in service.
· Review material chemistry, physical and mechanical properties to detect trends that may indicate undesirable changes in product quality.
· Ensure that acceptance/ inspection procedures, and processing instructions are suitable, complete and properly controlled during application of manufacturing procedures.
· Develop and lead long term research and development programs on materials and processes. Execute developmental testing programs of engine or test hardware to qualify part processing.
· Master Degree in Material Science, Mechanical or Aeronautic Engineering
· Proficiency both in English and Italian (written and verbal)
· Experience with and knowledge of aerospace high temperature resistant materials and material testing
· Experience with and knowledge of special processes and non-destructive tests
· Familiarity with shop operations and quality systems
· EU Work Permit
· Proven self-starter and independent worker who can work with cross-functional teams
· Fast in action but with detailed technical review and good documentation
· Strong team work and communication skills, eager to learn continuously
· Proven ability to work in global engineering environment
· Previous experience within GE or AvioAero organization will be considered as a plus
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .