Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The GE Aviation - TDI site is looking for a 1st shift Associate Assembler. In this role, you will perform hands on work to include various aspects of the assembly process for turbine air starters including remanufactured assemblies. You will use tools and follow detailed work instructions to contribute to successful products.
Be proficient and perform at least 2 of the assembly processes below:
· Tear down of units
· Sub Assembly
· Final Assembly
· Prep & Paint
· General housekeeping in cell (5S)
· Uses pneumatic tools and hand tools (pliers, wrenches, hammer, etc.) to perform work
· Review, understand and follow routers, procedures, specification, and other instructions for completeness to perform operations
· Ensures all company paperwork is filled-out accurately
· Fully understands blueprints
· Produce error free products through in process inspections
· Meet production goals
· Cross train
· Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines
· Work under general direction with minimal coaching in a team environment
· Will also perform other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or General education Degree (GED), plus 6 months of manufacturing related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
· GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
· Prior assembly and/or disassembly experience
· Prior production experience
Ability / prior experience reading blueprints
· Ability / prior experience reading routers and part numbers
· Ability / prior experience using work instruction
Knowledge of documenting and scrapping hardware Also, proven ability to demonstrate:
· Strong attention to detail
· Compliance with and supports all GE policies and the “Integrity: The Spirit and The Letter of Our Commitment” guide
· Excellent customer service to co-workers, customers, and vendors
· Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
· Works collaboratively and respects all others
· Actively participate and support a team environment
· Keeps team informed of work progress, timelines, and issues
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).