Rivalta di Torino
The SP Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. He/she will integrate and develop HT processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the business strategy. She/He will develop the HT portion of the manufacturing process to achieve the required targets in terms of process robustness,quality,product cost,capacity sustainment.
· Develop and industrialize the heat treatment process for aero-engine components, including the design of the manufacturing sequence and work instructions, the definition of process parameters and the selection of the appropriate equipment.
· Design inspection methods, sampling plan and applicable process control methodologies, including applicable tests and coupon design
· Support the shop activities in the development phase of the process, by training the operators on the correct interpretation of the work instruction and tuning the process
· Get input from the Business in terms of a problem involving inadequate values of FTY, WIP, cost, lead time or machinery saturation of a stated product or product family.
· Following the steps of a six sigma approach, identify, develop, evaluate, and introduce engineering solutions to meet near term and long range engineering needs
· Provide technical guidance, direction and training to new materials engineers, specialists, technicians and shop operators, providing the necessary training and maintaining the personnel qualification according to the specs.
· Maintain the internal process specifications updated to the latest standard and to the customer latest requirements
· Perform internal / external audits to guarantee the surveillance on the accountable processes and verify RCCA and implementation plans
· Be accountable for the NADCAP audits on the specific processes
· Provide technical consultation to cross-functional teams throughout the business to improve or resolve manufacturing, product center, supplier, or field issues
· Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE customers using reports, records, and letters
· Maintain an active role in developing and defining the state of the art in own technical specialty in order to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop technologies for product introduction, quality, performance, cost improvements and problem resolution in meeting current and future business needs including adherence to schedules and estimated costs
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master Degree in Material Science, Physics, Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering
· Strong experience in special processes engineering
· Significant experience and knowledge on heat treatments and thermo-chemical (carburizing, nitriding) processes of steel and aluminum alloys
· Strong background in AMS 2750 (heat treat pyrometry spec) and P10TF3 (GE heat treat)
· Fluency in English and Italian
· EU Work Permit
· Some experience in an heat treatment specialist or equivalent role
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
· Problem analysis and resolution skills
· Demonstrated leadership in defining the state of the art in at least one technical specialty, along with the ability to teach and set standard practices within this field
· NADCAP experience on task group or as a supplier
· Six Sigma green belt
· Root cause analysis – Tops8d, Apollo etc …Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects Interface Customers for major issues.
· Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of
ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .