In this role he/she will integrate and develop penetrant testing that meet business needs across the organization, manage issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. She/He will develop the penetrant testing portion of the manufacturing process to achieve the required targets in terms of process robustness, product quality, product cost, capacity sustainment.
· Develop and industrialize the penetrant testing process for aero-engine components, including the design of the manufacturing sequence and work instructions, the definition of process parameters and the selection of the appropriate equipment.
· Design inspection methods, sampling plan and applicable process control methodologies, including applicable tests and coupon design
· Support the shop activities in the development phase of the process, by training the operators on the correct interpretation of the work instruction and tuning the process
· Get input from the Business in terms of a problem involving inadequate values of FTY, WIP, cost, lead time or machinery saturation of a stated product or product family. Following the steps of a six sigma approach, identify, develop, evaluate, and introduce engineering solutions to meet near term and long range engineering needs Provide technical guidance, direction, training and examination to engineers, specialists, technicians and shop operators according to the specs
· Conduct fluorescent penetrant testing for the acceptance of parts and document the results
· Maintain the internal process specifications updated to the latest standard and to the customer latest requirements
· Perform internal / external audits to guarantee the surveillance on the accountable processes and verify RCCA and implementation plans
· Be accountable for the NADCAP audits on the specific processes
· Provide technical consultation to cross-functional teams throughout the business to improve or resolve manufacturing, product center, supplier, or field issues
· Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE customers using reports, records, and letters
· Maintain an active role in developing and defining the state of the art in own technical specialty in order to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop technologies for product introduction, quality, performance, cost improvements and problem resolution in meeting current and future business needs including adherence to schedules and estimated costs
· NAS410/EN4179 level 3 certification on fluorescent penetrant testing with strong experience in that role (Level 3 penetrant testing certification according to non aerospace specification will also be evaluated)
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master Degree in Engineering or Science study is preferred
· Significant experience and knowledge on penetrant testing on rough and machined surfaces of both light and high density alloys
· Fluency in English and Italian
· EU Work Permit
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
· Problem analysis and resolution skills
· Demonstrated leadership in defining the state of the art in at least one technical specialty, along with the ability to teach and set standard practices within this field NADCAP experience on task group or as a supplier
· Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects Interface Customers for major issues.
· Experience on other NDT methods and product manufacturing and inspection technologies used in aerospace
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .