GE Power Portfolio
Power Portfolio Steam Power
The SAP Solution expert for Steam ERP will be responsible for design, deployment, troubleshoot and enhancement of SAP solution working in respective process stream such as Material Management, Logistic, Delivery. This includes evaluation, analysis, documentation of requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications, configuration, testing, training, user acceptance globally and operational support for live countries in a dev-ops environment.
In this role, you will:
• Help the project team in successful migration of Steam ERP to cloud.
• Support business transformation working closely with change management and business teams.
• Responsible for successful delivery of respective SAP module (MM, Logistic, etc.) configuration, data migration and functional aspects of interfaces to other applications.
• Influence stakeholders and drive the usage of SAP standard solutions instead of custom development.
• Work on operational incidents or service requests driving stabilization of the ERP eco system.
• Work in cross-functional and cross-application teams to achieve optimal design matching business requirements.
• Actively participate in the exchanging of ideas and information within the ERP teams involving business leaders
• Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
• Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
• Define, research, develop and test new functionality of business systems in your primary module or functional area.
• Serve as escalation point for system and troubleshooting issues.
• Provide functional advice and assistance to programmers.
• Maintain a working knowledge of emerging technologies. Identify applicable solutions and implement with existing networks when appropriate.
• Exchange knowledge and information with other ERP hub locations to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Steam ERP organization.
• Recommend and implement best practices, process improvements, and simplification ideas across the eco-system.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum of 7 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 5 years of experience.
• A minimum of 5+ years of SAP configuration, data migration, business processes, full life-cycle implementations experience with wing to wing knowhow. Previous consultancy experience is preferred.
• Solid background in respective SAP module(s) such as MM, PP and cross module integrations.
• Experience with driving delivery execution leveraging DevOps principles across a global team.
• Ability to write highly detailed functional specifications for outputs down to the table structure level, solid understanding of relationship / design on the overall solution and possible new customizing to determine quality specifications to include screens, sub modules and extended functionality to current modules
• Ability to handle high complexity change requests related to strategic initiatives and the rollout of enhanced capabilities to the sites independently.
• Ability to provide flow diagrams, entity relationships, mapping and table definitions for advanced design concept
• Legal authorization to work in respective country is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel
• Strong English verbal & written communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse global group, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Demonstrate a combination of strong leadership skills with sound SAP technical knowledge and an ability to clearly communicate key recommendations to stakeholders.
• Self-motivator and result oriented to complete task as per timelines
• Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Positive attitude – goes the extra mile, is committed, willing to take on challenges and has a can-do mind-set.
• Understands the complexity and nuances in various phases of SAP projects and application maintenance with industry specific issues through an ITIL view.
• Takes a systems perspective that inter-relates internal and external factors for planning. Envisions compares and contrasts multiple potential medium range operational futures
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com