Rivalta di Torino
Rivalta Plant is the home of Manufacturing for Gearboxes and Rotating Parts. We are looking for passionates about Operations that will work in an international environment for a 6 months internship preparatory to the OMLP recruitment process.
Starting date: January-February 2019
We are looking for several interns with a strong passion in cutting edge manufacturing technologies who can join the company and contribute to function-specific projects.
We suggest you to have a look at the job descriptions below and try to choose the best fit for you
· Manufacturing Engineering:
· Supports Mechanical Component Design by guaranteeing the compatibility between design itself and manufacturing process, technical requirements and evidences evaluation in the technological validation process for all aspects related to materials and special processes
· Provides support to machine operators for the solution of problems related to the operation of the machine;
· Supports root cause investigations.
· Quality Engineering:
· Monitors production processes from a quality standpoint to recognize improvement opportunities, and work with stakeholders to identify and implement effective Corrective/Preventive action plans;
· Promotes the awareness and compliance to the Avio Aero and/or specific Customer requirements;
· Monitors the quality indicators for the overall process, collect and analyze quality data and take part to the definition and following implementation and monitoring of improvement plans together with Manufacturing Engineer.
· Achieves lowest possible cost for materials/services, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs;
· Interacts with Suppliers in order to achieve Purchase documents acknowledgment;
· Monitors and expedite Suppliers deliveries to guarantee On Time Delivery.
· Ensures Materials planning and timing;
· Creates and develops the KPIs reporting through a daily coordination and fulfillment issues.
· Facilitate cross-functional project teams, mini or full Action Work Out (AWO) and single kaizen events in order to progress along the transformation plan;
· Effective Value stream mapping, wastes detection in manufacturing environment;
· Drive transformation execution on basics : 5S, SMED;
· Be GE Aviation Production System (GEAPS) advocate in the cell.
· Involve shop operators in transformation, with training & kaizen events
Please indicate in the application your preference in terms of role.
· Master’s Degree in Aeronautical or Aerospace, Mechanical, Energy, Materials or Management Engineering from an accredited University or college
· Outstanding academic achievements – Top 25% class (final grade minimum 104/110 or GPA 3 out of 4)
· Knowledge of technical drawings
· English and Italian fluency, written and verbal
· Geographic flexibility and global mindset
· EU Work Permit
· Study or working experience abroad will be considered as a plus
· Previous work experience in Aviation industry will be considered as a plus
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
· Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .
Rivalta di Torino