Schenectady, any location in canada
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Digital Services
Canada, United States
The Wind Turbine Software Operations Engineer (TSO) will lead software deployment projects within the GE Digital Services team to increase revenue, reduce services costs and improve customer satisfaction for both on-premise controls software and off-premise Digital solutions. In addition, you will lead and partner with cross-teams to have direct impact on product quality and will have direct engagement with customers & field technicians across the North & South American fleet.
· Identify, investigate and drive resolution of systemic software issues by leading cross-functional teams through 8D process
· Lead business critical fleet-wide projects and initiatives within the TSO team such as CM&U upgrades, developing new TSO capabilities or improving performance on new wind turbine generators
· Dev-ops support with advanced technical expertise to provide world-class software troubleshooting and support for both on-premise operations control software and off-premise digital products
· Advocate for the customer and identify opportunities to drive-down field services costs with software solutions
· Execute GE WindSCADA, WindCONTROL, and TurbineCONTROL software upgrades and implementations of other GE Digital products
· Support continuous improvement within the software organization including process control, productivity and automation
· Provide technical resolution to software & hardware customer technical issues
· Establish & maintain strong relationships with the Engineering, Development and Services teams
· Implement Digital products & solutions for both external and internal customers
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, Information technology, electrical engineering or computer science from an accredited college or university, or other engineering degree with 3+ yrs relevant experience
· Desired 3+ years wind turbine technology and or SCADA experience
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Strong project management skills with ability to make decisions, plan, organize and communicate
· Strong customer service focus and desire for continual improvement with demonstrated ability to seek out, identify & lead cross functional teams to improve products or process
· Strong quality awareness and ability to identify future failures, defects and problems. Lean, Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification with experience in Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
· Persuasive communication and leadership skills with ability to clearly communicate issues and resolution to both a technical and non-technical audience
li>Distinctive ability to analyze & troubleshoot technical processes
· Previous experience in a Dev-Ops role, with demonstrated programming expertise in MATLAB, Simulink, Linux, C#, Python and/or PowerShell
· Experience in VMware and Domain Servers
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems including the ability to troubleshoot service and other failures through the use Windows Administrative tools
· Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services (2005 and greater). Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server 2005 and greater including installation procedures for Microsoft SQL server, the ability to utilize SQL Management Studio to connect to servers and ability run queries as part of troubleshooting efforts
· Experience with database structures, management, and queries
· Knowledge of general network communications / IT systems (LAN's, WAN's, etc) and troubleshooting tools
· Knowledge of electrical power systems
· Experience with GE wind turbine software and firmware packages including: WindSCADA, VisuPro, ControlST (ToolboxST, WorkstationST), Bachmann PLC software and tools, MarkVIecontrol systems and/or other OEM Control/SCADA software
· Previous experience with external data collection systems such as OPC / ODBC for wind turbine or other power generation systems; detailed understanding of customer uses for these systems
· Previous experience with configuring OPC DCOM settings and connecting to OPC servers with various clients such as OSI-Soft PI, Softing OPC, Matrikon, etc
· Experience with direct customer contact
· Experience working with multicultural teams
· High flexibility and motivation to succeed
· Work location flexibility commensurate with experience
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.