Aviation Supply Chain
In this role as a Facility Engineer, you will design power distribution and control systems as well as low voltage control systems including lighting, fire alarm, and security for GE Aviation’s aircraft engine manufacturing facility in Lynn, Massachusetts. The Facility Engineer will maintain existing electrical systems to ensure the highest level of reliability is achieved. You will develop and implement recommended system improvements and/or modifications as required.
In addition, as the Facility Engineer, you will:
· Design low voltage lighting, access control, fire alarm, and motor control systems
· Perform electrical design calculations such as power system loading demands, transformer and conductor protection sizing, and lighting illumination levels
· Perform field surveys to obtain existing conditions information to aid in the development of both electrical demolition and construction documents
· Develop electrical construction drawings and specifications to include industrial power distribution and control, low voltage lighting, fire alarm, and access control systems
· Construct one-line diagrams, equipment installation details, and lighting layout drawings
· Select electrical system equipment and develop equipment layout drawings
· Review construction drawings developed by contractors and confirm compliance with internal customer requirements as well as applicable
codes and standards
· Review contractor’s material submittals and substitutions, construction drawings and equipment/system installation manuals for conformity with construction contract requirements
· Oversee electrical construction activity to ensure adherence to project requirements
· Review proposals for change of work requests
· Prepare independent cost estimate and recommendations as to the necessity for such change
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Engineering)
· Three years prior engineering experience (Including an emphasis on electrical systems)
· This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
· Working knowledge of power distribution and control systems design for industrial facilities
· Working knowledge of low voltage lighting control, fire alarm, and access control systems
· Working knowledge of HVAC and motor control systems
· Familiar with emergency lighting control systems and applicable life safety code requirements
· Familiar with the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) & National Electrical Safety Code (NFPA 70E)
· Familiar with NFPA 101 Life Safety Code and IEEE Power System Design Standards
· Familiar with basic building code requirements and general construction practices
· Familiar with the industrial and commercial electrical construction industry
· Proficient technical writing, communication, and presentation skills
· AutoCAD experience
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as WORD, EXCEL, Power Point, Outlook and Project
· Self-starter, results oriented, ability to multi task, strong detail focus
· Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.