Aviation Supply Chain
The Additive Technology Center (ATC) Quality Technician will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
The Additive Technology Center (ATC) Quality Technician will be responsible for the daily execution of assigned tasks and projects. This individual will be self-directed working within defined parameters and work plans to meet day-to-day and short term objectives of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition, the ATC Quality Technician will:
• Produce prototype and low - rate production hardware and transition new, turn - key processes into Supply Chain shops
• Operate full - scale equipment such as: CMMs, profilometers, and CT scanners
• Effectively use metrology tools such as micrometers, calipers, and bore gauges
• Gather, record, compile, and interpret quality control data
• Conduct experiments and inspections on assignment processes, working with engineers and leadership to develop and document process improvements
• Take ownership for assigned lab areas including maintaining equipment, ordering supplies, environmental health and safety, and shop cleanliness
• Work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications, and other customer / company requirements
• Provide input into design of production inspection tooling and gauging.
• Perform first article, in-process and final part inspection.
• Support Continuous Improvement activities and methods. (ie. RCCA, supplier quality control, GEAPS report)
• Participate in internal audit activities (specific to work area and scope of work)
• Daily communication with leadership and customer/vendor to solve quality challenges.
• Support manufacturing engineering and quality systems during quality control activities. (at final inspection)
• Support manufacturing engineering with process reviews (before jobs are released)
• Collect and input process capability data
• Support QC process control activities with SPC, Gage R&R, etc…
• Document / disposition NC's and submit MRB
• Maintain calibration of gauges
• Support cross training initiatives
• Site layout and design of quality room.
• Advanced inspection techniques (CMM programing, airflow, farro arm, etc…)
• Meet High school diploma / GED
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering (an Associate's degree from an accredited school or institution in an engineering or manufacturing discipline may be substituted for experience)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
• This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as required to meet business requirements
• Experience in quality and/or inspection
• Experience using statistical tools and concepts (Excel, Minitab, etc.)
• Experience performing design of experiments and associated documentation
• Experience working a team-based environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.