Additive Manufacturing Engineer
We are looking for a bright and passionate engineer, in love with the additive technology, willing to join a continuously growing environment. If you are not afraid to experiment, apply the fastwork methodology, fail fast and recover quickly you are the person we are looking for! We are creating an agile organization of leaders based on competencies..you will be collocated in the manufacturing area and will work side by side with operators, engineers and quality.
You will play develop DMLM technologies for aeronautical components, with focus on parts producibility and optimization of the printed part and printing process, as well as optimal design for additive. This role is expected to manage and improve products manufacturability producibility, to perform “cost out” activities, to promptly solve technical problems deriving from the production cycle, to manage activities related to materials and processes, to support NPI and NTI processes in coordination with Engineering, Laboratories and R&D department.
In this role, you will :
· Develop DMLM process
· Develop set of parameters for each part number, Part post processing, routing sheets
· Supports Mechanical Component Design by guaranteeing the compatibility between design itself and manufacturing process, technical requirements and evidences evaluation in the technological validation process for all aspects related to materials and special processes (DMLM)
· Manages configuration (at the level of activities relating to technology department) for each part number
· Contributes to the continuous product improvement by optimizing existing processes and identifying new opportunities of cost reduction
· Provides support to machine operators for the solution of problems related to the operation of the machine
· Lead root cause investigations
· Specify needs, communicate about project approach and present outcomes of research done
· Deliver products as part of a team
· Work in cross functional teams
· Master Degree in Engineering (Materials Engineering preferred)
· Knowledge of DMLM Machines, Process & Parameters
· SPC (Statistic Process Control) Knowledge
· Six Sigma tools & 5S awareness
· Digital Attitude
· Previous experience in Additive Manufacturing
· Available to travel and colocation periods in GE plants (Europe/US)
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at a variety of levels, from
· detailed design reviews to high-level leadership reviews
· Ability to work in cross functional team
· Demonstrated proficiency in written, oral, and presentation skills
· Fluency in Italian and English
· EU work permit
· Mechanical design experience – designing hardware, machine tools, equipment, etc.
· Manufacturing engineering experience
· Software / controls experience
· Laser / optics experience
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational abili
· Strong problem solving skills
· Outside the box thinker - creative
· Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles
· Detail oriented
· Passionate about additive and related technologies
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.
2570 vacancies open at General Electric
Offerte di lavoro e stage
- Offerte di lavoro a Roma
- Offerte di lavoro in Ingegneria / Gestione di produzione
- Offerte di lavoro Ingegneria / Gestione di produzione a Roma