Our Complex Securities Valuation team members are dedicated to applying sophisticated techniques from corporate finance, financial engineering, and data analytics to assist clients in understanding and valuing complex financial securities. If you’re passionate about delivering the highest quality advice to clients, this rapidly growing team is perfect for you.
As a member of our team, you’ll work on a broad variety of financial instruments and perform analyses for many purposes including assisting clients with corporate strategy, transaction support, and financial and tax reporting. You’ll be working in an intensive learning environment in which you’ll become a key team member developing new products and models, performing research and analyses, raising issues and challenging assumptions. In return we’ll support you throughout your career and offer you an outstanding environment in which to develop and make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be part of a larger Valuation Solutions team that creates and delivers broad, analytics-enabled solutions that align to our client’s focus on corporate finance, strategy, buy and integrate or sell and separate decisions, and reshaping of results.
What to expect
You will be seen as an expert in quantitative finance and in the valuation of complex financial instruments. As part of an innovative, cutting edge group that solves complex and challenging problems, you’ll hone your communication skills by becoming accustomed to presenting our complex analyses to audiences with highly diverse technical backgrounds. By joining our Valuation team, you’ll be part of a culture in which drive, enthusiasm, and the willingness to try new methods and approaches are the keys to success.
Your key responsibilities
· Advising clients on the valuation of complex financial instruments
· Conducting research of fixed income and equity market financial data as well as individual companies
· Developing valuation models, including binomial lattice and Monte Carlo simulation
· Using the proprietary valuation models for valuation of financial instruments, estimating market parameters and inputs for valuation models
· Analyzing financial instruments using data visualization tools, modern statistics, and machine learning techniques
· Presenting your results and findings to the team and clients
To qualify for the role you must have
· Or be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as finance, mathematics, statistics, financial engineering, engineering or economics
· Demonstrated aptitude for the quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial instruments, including options, warrants, fixed income securities and other derivatives
· Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, R, MATLAB or VBA
· Knowledge of Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, or Capital IQ is a plus
· Experience in developing web-based applications and working with large datasets is a plus
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team prioritizing multiple tasks, deadlines, and project stakeholders
· A strong work ethic and communications skills, and demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment full of new challenges and ideas
· The flexibility and willingness to travel occasionally
What we look for
We’re interested in people who are rigorous in their thought processes, are able to work under pressure and multitask, and are committed to meeting deadlines. You’ll also need plenty of enthusiasm, positivity and energy, paired with a thirst to learn. So, if you’re ready to bring eagerness and new perspectives, you’re a perfect fit for the Complex Securities Valuation team.
What working at EY offers
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction services and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.