ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for an Estimator to be based in Kings Yard, London or Coleshill, Birmingham. This is a permanent full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
The Estimator will be responsible for the successful implementation and commercial management of estimate costs and budgets for District Heating projects. The individual with work alongside the Estimating manager to successfully produce cost models and detailed pricing schedules. The successful candidate will work closely with the Business Development team, the design team and delivery teams to create a robust estimate and Bid documents.
· Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders ensuring that the business is obtaining most excellent value and quality possible
· Review Drawings, client specifications, legislation and other appropriate documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labour estimates.
· Assess the cost-effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
· Confer with designers, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
· Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
· Review material and labour requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
· Prepare lessons learned and cost reviews of historical and existing schemes to ensure best practice and best value is always achieved
· Analyse business practices and market conditions to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and performance.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· A formal qualification on a trade relevant to the position, i.e. mechanical or electrical training, ONC, HNC or equivalent.
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role
· Experience in delivering a project from concept design through to handover
· An understanding of the commercial impact of their activities.
· Detailed experience of tender assessment and negotiations.
· Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
· Excellent capabilities in computer software to enhance their role, in particular, the use of Excel Spreadsheets and databases, Word, Powerpoint and Auto Cad
· Pro-active and creative approach to problem-solving.
· An ability to think strategically about supply chain relationships, to secure the best long-term results for the team.
· Oral and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, contractors, customers and senior managers.
· Comprehensive working knowledge of PC based computer systems, software, spreadsheets and databases and the ability to adapt quickly to changes to those systems.
· A full UK driving licence
For more information about ENGIE, please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Oct 31, 2019