Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
We are looking for aSystem Engineer - Web & DB Administrator who will have the following responsibilities :
· Design, install, configure, test and maintain middleware web services, database services, application software and management tools.
· Manage and monitor installed services.
· Proactively ensure the highest level of service availability in a 24/7 production environment.
· Provide 3rd level support for middleware web and database services.
· Maintain a proactive view on the performance of middleware and database platforms.
· Conduct regular performance analysis and tune applications and databases to increase performance.
· Enable automation.
· Contribute to and maintain system/service standards.
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
· Develop and maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies.
· Train 1st and 2nd level support teams.
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Maintain operational, configurational and other procedures.
· Maintain topology, inventory and service specification documents.
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
· Provide consultancy and input to solution design, pre-sales, service delivery.
· Communicate technical and non-technical information to technical support groups, customer support centers and end-users as required.
At least 3 years of hands on experience in Middleware/Web/Database Administrator positions.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Electrics/Electronics Engineering or related departments.
Very good command of English.
One or more items of the following technical skill sets are required in line with the ITIL methodology according to the requirements of the position:
· Expert in Microsoft IIS and .NET services design, implementation, maintenance, administration and troubleshooting in an enterprise environment.
· Expert in Microsoft SQL Database Engine design, implementation, maintenance, administration and troubleshooting in an enterprise environment.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL server components such as Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Integration Services.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL management tools such as SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Configuration Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Connectivity Components.
· Experience with Always On Failover Cluster Instances, Always On Availability Groups, Failover Clustering, Database Mirroring and Log Shipping.
· Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), complex query tuning and schema refinement.
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
· Experience with Apache, Tomcat and JBoss design, implementation, maintenance, administration and troubleshooting on both Windows and Linux servers.
· Experience with WebLogic, WebSphere.
· Experience in deploying applications on multiple application servers and maintaining load balancing and failover functionality.
· Experience in deploying different type of applications (WAR, JAR and EAR) in standalone and clustered server environments.
· Experience in creating JDBC data source connections, identifying connection pools along with database configuration.
· Experience with FTP, FTPS, SFTP software.
· Experience with Windows, Linux and UNIX server operating systems and system administrator activities.
· Solid scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell, VBScript, WSH, Bash, Perl, Python).
Experience with other Relational Database Management Systems (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) is a plus.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.