Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The primary responsibility of this role is to support RF production for Amazon's wireless products at factory builds. The engineer will work closely with contract manufactures, RF design team, validation team, operation team, to facilitate successful wireless device production. This involves onsite factory support to validate fixtures stability and accuracy for both board and device level RF testing for production that ranges from low to high volume, and with ability to identify root cause of failures during production builds and resolve them in a timely manner. Beside RF production supports, the candidate will get involved in innovative process improvement initiatives, and has the freedom to build and experiment his own ideas that improves cost and efficiency.
Ideal candidate profile
· Engineering Degree, preferably Electrical Engineering with hands on experience in debugging RF circuits, failure analysis and functional verification.
· Minimum 3 years of technical working experience in Wifi/BT products supporting 11ac/11n.
· Understand RF parameters from specifications IEEE802.11
· Exposure to factory RF testing, and experience in failure analysis
· Exposure to automated production fixtures; shield boxes and antenna; RF probing methods and RF calibration
· Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
-.Able to travel factory for build support in China