Help us protect all Amazon customers, from Prime Now to Fulfilment Centers. We are looking for a security-focused technical program manager who wants to make a difference to ensure that protecting customer data is at the forefront of all development.
What you will work on:
You will work directly with a team of security engineers and development teams to define and manage programs that help Amazonians get support from Information Security. These programs will include helping with security design reviews, managing security programs involving the latest technology, critical healthcare systems, and compliance requirements.
As the technical program manager on the team, you will be responsible for:
· The definition of programs that support the security needs for new systems across Amazon
· Define, measure, and utilize project/program KPIs
· Inspire teams to work on not just what’s urgent, but what’s most important
· Identify and drive continuous process improvements across security programs and services
· Evaluate complex business and technical requirements, communicating inherent security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
· Work with information security leadership, software development and security engineers, and management across Amazon to understand security needs and define solutions that fit resourcing and time constraints
· Operate security programs involving third party hardware and software, digital devices, PHI, HIPAA, GDPR compliance and international regulatory requirements
· Be the glue that is able to prioritize and manage technical dependencies across teams
· Interact and communicate with program stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of programs within Information Security
· Resolve roadblocks through driving trade-off decisions to move work forward
This role will routinely challenge your background in technical architecture, operational and management skills, project management, critical thinking, relationship-building, and problem-solving. You will be self-directed and open to new challenges, adept at prioritization, innovation, and getting along with others.
· Ability to code in one programming language
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills and collaboration skills with technical and non-technical cross-organizational stakeholders
· Masters degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
· Quantitative analytical abilities
· Fluency in technical program management and engineering best practices
· Proven problem solving skills
· Previous work experience as a software developer
Ideal candidate profile
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· 3 years overall experience in software engineering, software development management, technical program/project management, or a related technical field required with at least two most recent years of focused TPM experience
· Experience developing and delivering on project milestones using Agile
· Ability to fully engage with technical teams, operations teams, and business stakeholders
· Ability to effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance stakeholder's needs