To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, the AWS Infrastructure Data Center Delivery team is looking for a dynamic, and entrepreneurial Technical Program Manger to manage the delivery and expansion of Critical Infrastructure Capacity initiatives across AWS. By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
You will lead diverse, cross-functional, and technical teams from conceptual design feasibility through requirements ideation, budget development, and program/project execution. Along the way, you will use your judgment, negotiation skills and ability to influence, analytical talent, technical aptitude, and leadership to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple time zones, manage capital budgets, eliminate non-value-add activity, and find creative ways to accelerate project delivery.
Candidates need to be highly comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, being able to earn trust with a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple time zones, can keenly assess risk, anticipate issues, overcome obstacles, and find creative ways to accelerate projects when possible.
Successful candidates will have strong program management expertise, raising the bar in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle with particular focus on critical path management and core project management disciplines including; scope, schedule, budget/resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking.
This position requires 25% Travel (Domestic and International trips to AWS Data Center Clusters).
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
· Master’s Degree or advanced professional degree
· Critical Infrastructure experience (Design, Construction, or Maintenance Phases)
· Data Centre Infrastructure (Power & Cooling) experience.
· Excellent writing skills with ability to simply navigate technical concepts and ideas.
· Proven experience in prioritizing and managing large scale enterprise projects using project management tools
· Demonstrated experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree AND 5+ years of program management experience OR 7+ years of program management experience (experience can be substituted for degree)
· 3+ years experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management
· 1+ years experience supporting technical and/or engineering projects as a Project/Program Manager
· Experience with MS Project, MS Office, and MS Sharepoint