Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for System Development Engineers!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
A systems development role for fulfillment center operations, focusing on maximizing reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, and SCADA systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work closely with building Operations, Operations Engineering, FC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation
· Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
· Develop and build MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues.
· Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems
· Develop HMI solutions within Ignition for small processes up to entire network deployments.
· Build automated scripts in various programming languages.
· Partner with building Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
· Utilize building network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers.
· Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within building operation maintenance teams.
· Handle flexible work load which may come from management or other operations
· Participate in AE conference calls and coordinate with AE central team to complete all tasks required.
This role will require travel up to 20%.