Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech? Interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? The Amazon Alexa team is looking for a Sr. UX Designer to create new customer experiences for Alexa Skills on devices such as Amazon Echo, Amazon Show, Amazon Spot and more. If you’re not familiar with Alexa and Skills you can learn more here: https://amazon.com/alexaskills.
As a User Experience Designer, you will lead, define and drive the experiences for spoken language, Web, App, and multimodal interfaces. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment. You will also work closely with engineering, product management, industrial design, marketing, and company leaders to successfully go from early stage concepts to launch. This position requires a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease conceptualizing spoken and multi-modal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a designer who can:
· Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the voice and graphical user experience
· Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications
· Initiate and manage user experience research and testing processes
· Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform user experience optimization efforts
· Drive the development and communication of voice design guidelines and patterns
· Oversee close coordination with the product management team to develop a shared vision and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
· Partner with the technology team to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles
· Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization
· Partner with others in the broader design community to develop and extend the experience across the array of offerings
· Strong ideation, brainstorming, and concept sketching and rendering skills
· Experience with a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Hype, and Axure.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
· Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
· Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
· Ability to prototype voice user experiences
· Ability to write tools to determine patterns in usage data
· Ideal candidate will exhibit interest and knowledge of the Alexa and IoT products
· Solid project management, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user experience designer.
· 5+ years industry experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications.
· Understanding of speech and language technologies
· Experience guiding or managing user research and usability testing
· A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions