Multiple positions available in Herndon, VA:
1. Ensure customer and partner teams success in building applications and services on the
AWS platform by utilizing customer facing skills and technical background to drive discussion with senior leaders regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation.
2. Collaborate with customers and partner teams to address specific security and compliance challenges, and implement and migrate customer solutions and workloads onto AWS.
3. Analyze complex distributed production deployments and recommend ways to optimize performance and/or automate processes by managing continuous integration servers, utilizing monitoring and testing tools.
4. Assist in the migration of existing applications and the development of new applications using AWS services, working with engineering, support, and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
5. Own and drive projects and engagements involving architecture, design, development, and implementation of Amazon's utility computing web services.
6. Define technical and project strategies, document best practices, and consult and provide analytical insight on product improvement/development and feature innovation for cloud-based web services and platforms based on scalability, performance, availability, and cost.
7. Up to 30% domestic travel required to support business and technical relationships.
Ideal candidate profile
EMPLOYER WILL ACCEPT A MASTER'S DEGREE, OR FOREIGN EQUIVALENT, IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, COMPUTER ENGINEERING, ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS OR RELATED QUANTITATIVE FIELD AND THREE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE JOB OFFERED OR THREE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, SYSTEMS ENGINEERING, OR RELATED IT OCCUPATION. IN THE ALTERNATIVE, EMPLOYER WILL ACCEPT A BACHELOR'S DEGREE, OR FOREIGN EQUIVALENT, IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, COMPUTER ENGINEERING, ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS OR RELATED QUANTITATIVE FIELD AND FIVE YEARS OF PROGRESSIVE, POST-BACCALAUREATE EXPERIENCE IN THE JOB OFFERED OR FIVE YEARS OF PROGRESSIVE, POST-BACCALAUREATE EXPERIENCE IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, SYSTEMS ENGINEERING, OR RELATED IT OCCUPATION.
Equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, religion, sex, or natural origin.